PDA

View Full Version : Confused

jmontgom
09-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Hey proffesionals i have been reading articles every night and learning new stuff all the time, but as a rookie all the talk about polishes and waxes and buffers confuses me. It seems like the more i read the more i get confused. Is there a got thread somewhere that explains it all in basic english for us less expierienced. also what would you recomend for a general paint regimen for the begginer. Thanks for all the help.

Jon

Jngrbrdman
09-23-2004, 07:05 PM
CLICK HERE (http://www.ocdetails.com/html/detailing_guide.html) That is as plain English that I could possibly write it. One of the reasons I wrote the way I did was so that it would at least help you figure out what your questions really are. Hopefully it helps. You may have already read it here, but I really think that is as plain as it gets. The bottom line is that you need to choose products and processes for the following steps:

Wash
Clay
Polish
Seal/Wax

That is the exterior only. Doing the interior is usually not as daunting. People know how to clean most of that. Taking care of paint is a little out of most people`s areas of expertise. Keep reading and thinking. My answer to your question is that article. Your question doesn`t have a short answer, unfortunately.

The Chee
09-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Anthony, from the homepage of OCDetails, I can`t find the link of the detailing_guide. Did you forget to put the link up by the side or it`s supposed to be that way :phone:

Jngrbrdman
09-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Anthony, from the homepage of OCDetails, I can`t find the link of the detailing_guide. Did you forget to put the link up by the side or it`s supposed to be that way :phone:

Its in the OCD University section. I should probably put a map of all the pages somewhere on there. I just put a really nifty search box on the front page to help out if you get too lost. All the articles are in the OCD University though. :bigups

The Fuzz
09-23-2004, 09:22 PM
:rabbi

I just wanted a reason to use that smiley. :lol

The Chee
09-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Cheers Anthony, I directed some mates to your site and they had difficulty finding the detailing guide. All`s good now :) :bigups

awd330
09-23-2004, 09:42 PM
:rabbi

I just wanted a reason to use that smiley. :lol
:rolling Great smiley Fuzz! Congrats Rick! :D