PDA

View Full Version : Finally used a wax

Pages : [1] 2

rabbi
09-23-2004, 06:14 PM
After buying several waxes over the course of a year I finally used Souveran Paste and Liquid Souveran. It took this long to get past the add a sealant stage. Well my conclusion is WOW! First I washed with Poorboy`s CarWash and dried with a SSWWDT. The carwash is an outstanding product. Plenty of suds,longlasting suds and it sheets off. I didn`t mention lubricity because I`m sure 7 coats of EX-P helps the slickness but I`ve used the carwash before I put a coat of EX-P on and it`s definitely slick. Next the SSWWDT from Dwayne vacuumed up what little water that was left on the car. After drying I did one section using LS and the next section using the paste. Very different in applying and wiping off. The liquid went on easier and came off easier. I could feel a difference(dragging) when applying the paste. The paste was also harder to get off. I`m not saying the paste was hard to get off just harder than the liquid. It seemed the liquid`s haze would jump into the micro while the paste`s haze took more wiping. Both look great but there is a definite difference. The paste is darker and deeper than the liquid. It was obvious once I finished with the final wipe down. As much as I like sealants as a topper (I lovem). My car has never looked better. This isn`t even debatable. I`ve had Souvaran Paste for over a year and I just used it today. I couldn`t get past the UPP or the EX- P stage. Liquid Souveran is so smooth and easy to use. To me it`s a bit glossier than the paste. Liquid Souveran is a keeper. Between the two, Souveran Paste is the winner. It`s so deep and wet looking. It looks like you can put your hand in it.Either tomorrow(I`m hoping) or Saturday will be Ultimate`s CarWash Shampoo+ Paste Glaz/Natty`s in a side by. I`ll post my findings on this comparison also.

Boss_429
09-23-2004, 06:29 PM
I told you! :D

norahcrv
09-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Great!!! Now he`s addicted to USING the wax!!! :lmfao

Boss_429
09-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Great!!! Now he`s addicted to USING the wax!!! :lmfao

Yep, I think we`ve lost Rick for good now! :lmfao

tom4444
09-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Pictures, please!!!!!

rabbi
09-23-2004, 07:57 PM
OK! So Boss and Norah are now teammates. That`s great. Just what I need. :D. There will be no pics until Mr. Keeman and I hookup and he shows me how. Just to let you tagteamers(Boss & Norah) know. From this day forward until I start my "Winterization Protection Plan" I`ll be hitting the cars hard with wax.

awd330
09-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Rick - Are you going to try layering LS and PS on top of each other? I`m planning to give that a try over the weekend if the weather cooperates.

rabbi
09-24-2004, 12:16 AM
Yes I`ll layer the LS over the SP and the SP over the LS.

zesty-man
09-24-2004, 12:27 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! im breaking down quickly!!! ive been clean for about 3 weeks, but now im getting that carving again, that craving to buy another wax!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

P.S. send samples to your buddy zesty

Boss_429
09-24-2004, 04:50 AM
OK! So Boss and Norah are now teammates. That`s great. Just what I need. :D. There will be no pics until Mr. Keeman and I hookup and he shows me how. Just to let you tagteamers(Boss & Norah) know. From this day forward until I start my "Winterization Protection Plan" I`ll be hitting the cars hard with wax.

Whatever the case Rick................ I`m glad you like the LS & PS......... I knew you would! :bigups

jaybs02
09-24-2004, 05:18 AM
Rabbi what happened, did you run out of sealant :lol

NYV6Coupe
09-24-2004, 08:12 AM
It was either wax or duct tape, rabbi needs something to hold those 37 layers of sealant on the car.

I`ll bet a NASCAR template wouldn`t fit his car, it`d be too small.

T. Perinne
09-24-2004, 08:18 PM
So do you prefer Souveran Paste over UPP as a LSP?

rabbi
09-24-2004, 08:21 PM
On my car I do. I`m a big fan of UPP on my wife`s silver metallic. I`ll be doing a Paste Glaz/Nattys comparison tomorrow.

rabbi
09-24-2004, 08:35 PM
To Jay. If you knew how hard it was for me to bypass the sealant once my car was washed you would not be ridiculing me. You would be sending me congrats and applauding. :lol.V6 am I really that bad?