PDA

View Full Version : Have Truck/Suburban/Car, need wax ideas for each?

NorcalZ71
03-21-2004, 10:10 PM
ok so we have the following 3 vehicles:

My 94 Midnight Blue Ext Cab Z71 truck (gets the most attention)

My dads 99 light silver Audi A4

My moms 99 Pewter and Champagne Suburban

What would you recommend for wax for each of these vehicles? The burb i am looking for longer lasting so i wont have to do it as often. Which wax(s) should i combine to look best on this color? The audi is small, so its no hassle really for me, so what looks best on really light silver? Longer lasting is good, but not a must.

For my truck, what is going to give that super deep, wet look? I dont particularly care how long it will last because its my baby so it gets the most attention of the 3, of course longer lasting is better. Ive read all the old threads but im still a little iffy as to what combo/order to use products on, so if anyone with a darker car has suggestions, shoot em my way. thanks:xyxthumbs

thinksnow
03-21-2004, 10:24 PM
Once you knock the serious prep work out of the way (I don`t know what the paint condition is), I would use Vanilla Moose, Poorboys Polish with Carnuba, or Klasse All In One on all of the vehicles. Then, on the Audi and Burb, I would top with Meguiar`s #16. For your truck, a darker color, I would do the same prep work but top with S100. I assume you would be washing weekly or bi-weekly and wanting to wax once a month.

If you are down with learning and really want some durability, I would go with the Klasse Twins (AIO and Sealant Glaze) on your parents` cars. I would stick with S100 for your truck.

Again, pics will help for swirl removal advice. With vehicles that large, you may want to invest in a Porter-Cable or start eating your spinach.

gb387
03-21-2004, 11:02 PM
I have a black Ford Lightning and here is my combo that i used in the photos in my signature area I apply everything with a PC....

Meguiars Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner

Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish

Meguiars NXT then a second coat of NXT 12 hours later for extra depth.

This seemed to give me a little more depth than the combo above but I do not have any photos and here is what I used:

Meguiars #9 2.0

Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish

Meguiars NXT then a second coat of NXT 12 hours later for extra depth.

I am now changing over the Meguiars #81 Hand Polish in the pro line since I am now out of Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish I have heard some good comments about #81 on clear coats. Other than NXT I am going to change every thing over to the pro line.

NXT seems to be best on dark colors, I had it on about 2 months before I waxed again and it still beaded water at the two month mark, it wasn`t as slick as day one but it seemed to be protecting well.

2clean4u
03-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Since the Suburban and the z71 are huge I would use

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

And then if you feel that you want a topper go with Upp Or #26. It can be applied with a PC. It will make the job easy.

NorcalZ71
03-22-2004, 01:13 AM
awesome thanks guys, i will definitely be investing in a PC in about a month or so. Also upgrading my detailing supply collection. currently i just have Meg. Paint Cleaner, Paint Polish and Gold Class Paste wax. I will try to get some pics of the swirls/scratches tomorrow since i just washed the truck yesterday evening.