PDA

View Full Version : I used the search, but i still need some input.

josershmoser
03-21-2004, 10:05 PM
My customer called me today. He wants his boat detailed. This is what he said.. "I have a "3 stage wax" I want you to put on it. I want all of the inside cleaned." Its a 40ft boat. Outside is pretty bad, Inside is also dirty. It has not been touched since last summer. The boat will not be in the water.

Ive done his Cl500,Sl55,ML500,CLK and ML320. He loves my work, but at the same time he is real picky. He will pay whatever the price is as long as it is done right. I cant figure out what to charge him. I will be using my own car to get there, Its about an hour drive. They charge him $10per ft at the dock. He said that it was a waste of time and money. I know I will be there all day. What will you charge for something like this. I will be going on wed, I have not seen it yet. I just want to know what a base price for something like this would be. Once I see it in person, Ill go from there. I just need a rough estimate to go on. Thanks for reading!

former86camaro
03-21-2004, 10:11 PM
Take my father in law 2 hours to liquid glass the hull of his 30 foot sail boat. I would guess another hour or two up top. For that I would say 125.00 then glass cleaning leather care I would add another 50-75 because htere is a lot of glass. Now do you have ot teak the wood again? Polish the chome 25 bucks... Just my estimate...

josershmoser
03-22-2004, 01:55 AM
thats $125+$75+$25= $225.00

That dont sound right

The dock charges him 10 per ft X 40ft= $400.00 easy.

They also keep it 3days, I will be done the same day, and he will have it back the same day. I hate this part of the job, I cant figure out a price. Anymore input, Anyone......

Thanks!!

Chuckmotor
03-22-2004, 02:34 AM
I would charge him $400

former86camaro
03-22-2004, 08:00 AM
I just took a guess. I have never had to detail a boat for cash. Usually we did our boat as part of maintenance. In this case I would be honest and say: I have never had to detail a boat this large before. I am unsure the labor involved keeping with the high quality of work I like doing. I know the dock charges by the foot, so for this time I will use their scale. This sounds fair?

DantePasquale
03-22-2004, 08:02 AM
I would charge him $500. You are going to him, doing it in one day rather than 3, and you will do a better job. File it under the heading "you get what you pay for".

josershmoser
03-22-2004, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the input,

Ill be doing the boat for $500.

He said thats great, he will see me wed.

:up :up :up