PDA

View Full Version : New PC; NXT followed by SG?

spartacus_33
03-21-2004, 04:35 PM
I just finished fooling around with the new PC I got from Detailer`s Paradise. I wonder what all those spaces in the PC case are for.Pads won`t fit. Anyway, since NXT has some cleaning properties, what do you think of the idea of trying it with a white pad, followed by Klasse SG [PC or hand?] and skip the AIO. Thanks.

imported_BretFraz
03-21-2004, 04:46 PM
I see no sensible reason to top NXT with SG but lots of people here like to do wierd things so give it a try and see if you like it.

imported_memnuts
03-21-2004, 05:33 PM
SG would not add anything to the appearance of NXT, probably take something away, and the SG will probably not bond effectively to NXT.

A better combination that ScottWax and others have had good success with is AIO topped with NXT.

Hope this helps. :wavey

imported_jgv
03-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Or you can have even more fun applying NXT every other week or so, now that you have a new PC.

Or, you can start from scratch and now that you have a machine, you can try to bring to it`s best the paint finish, if that`s not completely your case.

The process of making shine is always a lot more fun than the finishing time :wavey

BillNorth
03-21-2004, 05:42 PM
AIO is the ideal base for SG. AIO is also one of the best pre wax / sealant cleaners on the market. Skipping AIO in favour of NXT makes little to no sense. And as said previously, the SG won`t bond to the NXT, thus wasting product.

spartacus_33
03-21-2004, 05:47 PM
OK thanks: I got a good workout using the Mes twins. Guess I`ll pass on the NXT and do my usual AIO-SG. Soesn`t anyone have that PC case? Seems huge for such a small tool.

turborave
03-22-2004, 10:36 AM
i have the case too.. i think all the spots in the case are for the sanding accessories..

here is a pic from the Griots garage set:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/images/products/lg/10625_LG.jpg