PDA

View Full Version : FP then IP....... FP again??

Pages : [1] 2

C-MDX
03-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone. Most of us here recommand to use the least agressive polish then go to the more abrasive ones. My question is, if I use FP first and go on with IP do I have to go through the car with FP again?? While we`re at it, how much polish (in .oz) do you think I need to do a mid size SUV with a PC??

Anthony O.
03-21-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by C-MDX

Hi everyone. Most of us here recommand to use the least agressive polish then go to the more abrasive ones. My question is, if I use FP first and go on with IP do I have to go through the car with FP again?? While we`re at it, how much polish (in .oz) do you think I need to do a mid size SUV with a PC??

You would want to use the IP (Intensive Polish) first as it is the more aggressive of the two. FP (Final Polish) would then follow the IP application.

As for the amount, you should be able to do an X5 sized suv with about 8 oz of product, per step.

Anthony

C-MDX
03-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

You would want to use the IP (Intensive Polish) first as it is the more aggressive of the two. FP (Final Polish) would then follow the IP application.

As for the amount, you should be able to do an X5 sized suv with about 8 oz of product, per step.

Anthony

Thanks Anthoy :). 8 oz :eek:??? I better get the 32oz size next time I get my polish.

Anthony O.
03-21-2004, 04:10 PM

Thanks Anthoy :). 8 oz :eek:??? I better get the 32oz size next time I get my polish.

Very welcome:)

I only said 8oz as a safe zone because some SUV`s have more paint surface than others. So 6 to 8 oz`s would be a fairly safe guess, especially if you include the wheels and door jambs.

Adios,

Anthony

C-MDX
03-21-2004, 04:14 PM

Very welcome:)

I only said 8oz as a safe zone because some SUV`s have more paint surface than others. So 6 to 8 oz`s would be a fairly safe guess, especially if you include the wheels and door jambs.

Adios,

Anthony

I don`t think I`ll do the wheels and door jams, maybe spray wax or SG on door jams and AIO and SG on rims. I have a Acura MDX, do you think 6oz is good enough only on the paint??

imported_jgv
03-21-2004, 04:18 PM

Most of us here recommand to use the least agressive polish then go to the more abrasive ones.

What this means is, use the least aggressive product to get where you want to. It doesn`t mean start with the least and finish with the most.

Make your choice about what product will work for you, and in the process, start with the mildest product in a small section, if it works, follow to the rest of the car, if it doesn`t, change to another pad/product combo.

BTW, FP wont do much to remove swirls or anything, IP is mild enough for you to start with. :xyxthumbs

imported_Greg
03-21-2004, 04:19 PM
I am actually in the midst of doing my car with IP and FP, well just finished the IP, 1/6 done with FP. On my Bimmer, I probably used 2 oz of IP. FP responds a bit better if you use more product, so it might be around 2 1/2. Honestly, I don`t think you will end up using 6 oz, but that`s just me.

imported_jgv
03-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Greg

I am actually in the midst of doing my car with IP and FP, well just finished the IP, 1/6 done with FP. On my Bimmer, I probably used 2 oz of IP. FP responds a bit better if you use more product, so it might be around 2 1/2. Honestly, I don`t think you will end up using 6 oz, but that`s just me.

Funny... I just had dinner, and you`re polishing by this time;) Guess you`ll be waxing when I`m going to bed :D

imported_Greg
03-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by jgv

Funny... I just had dinner, and you`re polishing by this time;) Guess you`ll be waxing when I`m going to bed :D

Actually, letting Z5 cure as we speak! :D

imported_jgv
03-21-2004, 07:13 PM
And it`s already 22 March here... Almost bed time (past mid night)

Is that Z5 alone or ZFXed? :D

Anthony O.
03-21-2004, 07:38 PM

I don`t think I`ll do the wheels and door jams, maybe spray wax or SG on door jams and AIO and SG on rims. I have a Acura MDX, do you think 6oz is good enough only on the paint??

I am sure that 6oz on just the paint is plenty. You will most likely use more of the IP than the FP as the IP step may need two or more passes in some areas until it gets to the point where you are satisfied.

The FP then will be used as a final prep polish and gloss enhancer so only one pass is all you should need.

Post pictures when you are done:xyxthumbs

Anthony

C-MDX
03-21-2004, 07:46 PM

Post pictures when you are done:xyxthumbs

I want to but :(........http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33863 I`m not sure if I`ll keep this car or not :(. If I`m not keeping it (which I want) than doing all that would be a waste :(

imported_Greg
03-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by jgv

And it`s already 22 March here... Almost bed time (past mid night)

Is that Z5 alone or ZFXed? :D

That would be Z1 with Z5. I don`t have any ZFX. If I decide I like the Zaino, which, I think I really do so far, I am going to order more, but for now I am working with what I have got.

C-MDX
03-21-2004, 08:02 PM
jgv, Greg, are you guys trying to hijack my thread :D

imported_jgv
03-21-2004, 08:18 PM

jgv, Greg, are you guys trying to hijack my thread :D

At least it was an aproach ;) :D

Anyway, you got your answers don`t you? :cool: Got to go sleep :wavey