PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Sealant. Help me decide.

Mantic6t9
03-21-2004, 02:34 AM
With all the sealants out there now it`s getting harder to make up my mind and place an order. You all know what they are so there is no sence in listing them. With all the hype on the new WG sealant i`ve been reading it seems to be a very nice product and not near as fussy as others out there. Should i start with it? Seems like i cant go wrong.

6cyl's_of_fury
03-21-2004, 04:35 AM
Depends on what you want from your sealant, but from all accounts ( longevity aside ), Wolfgang is the go to sealant at the moment...

FWIW, I think that the Klasse twins are great and easy to use ( WOWO ), but everyone is different. Having said that I do have some NXT on its way to test out...who knows?

raymond_ho2002
03-21-2004, 05:52 AM
Depends on how important durability is to you, since WG hasn`t been out long enough for anyone to have any idea how long it`s going to last. Most people are on week 2, including myself, and it`s still looking good so far. WG is a winner to me in every aspect testable up to this point.

jstn
03-21-2004, 10:26 AM
go WG, it has the looks that SG cant give and on week two, like everyone else, it is still holding up nicely. It is one of the easiest products to apply.

an interesting observation i made yesterday....i applied WG w/ a finishing pad and when i was done w/ the pad i put it in a bucket of dawn and water. i let it soak for probably an hour. i go to rinse out the WG from the pad under running water and the dawn didnt break it down. usually with AIO and SG, i find i dont have to do much work to get the rest of the product out of the pad. But WG just didnt break down w/ dawn soap. It just took a little extra rubbing and rinsing to get it out, no big deal. Do i know what this means.......no, but it was interesting.

DantePasquale
03-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Man, all these new sealants (WG, and now FMJ). Must remember to apply what I have to my cars more often. MUST HAVE NEW PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!

andriver
03-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Add to your list Einszett products. Good durability and nice shine.

Scottwax
03-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by andriver

Add to your list Einszett products. Good durability and nice shine.

Easy to use, too.

I really like WG so far, but like the others, I`ve only had my hands on it for a couple of weeks, far too soon to determine how long it will last.

I have had real good luck with Poorboy`s EX and EX-P but others haven`t. Most seem to be happy with it though.

Mantic6t9
03-21-2004, 01:31 PM
BW sent me a sample of SG and UPP. I have yet had time to try them and hope to get a chance soon. As far as durability goes as long as it lasts a month or maybe 2 it will be fine with me. I`m a carnuba user so waxing is somthing i`m used to.

Has anyone noticed if WG stains trim?

bronze2006
03-21-2004, 02:18 PM
I tried applying WG on trim to see if it stains and it doesnt at all, also if you get WG, which I recommend, apply a second coat 24 hours later and you will be very impressed with the results!

jstn
03-21-2004, 02:37 PM
i will concur with bronze2006. WG does not stain the trim (at least not smooth textured trim) and also that second coat looks really good.:xyxthumbs

Mantic6t9
03-21-2004, 03:36 PM
The WG sealant sounds really good so far. Maybe i should give it a few months and see where it stands then .

bronze2006
03-21-2004, 03:41 PM
do you really need to wait a few months for a review of durability of a $20 sealant? I am willing to bet the durability will be better then carnauba wax

disasnguy
03-22-2004, 02:14 AM
i just put on the 1st layer of WG today and wow, i think they hit it on the mark. one of the main things i like about it besides from the looks is the ease of use. A LOT easier than SG, even with the WOWO method. WG goes on easy and buffs off effortlessly if you let it sit for say 15-30 minutes (thats what i did). the results are definately different than sg. it does look deeper and wetter similar to UPP. it`s my fav at the moment.