PDA

View Full Version : Car in Escondido, CA

GoodnClean
03-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any Autopian who lives near Escondido, CA and winds up being bored or something would mind doing me a favor...

My fiance is getting ready to buy a fully loaded Mazda 3 Hatchback with the navigation system etc. She wants the lava orange color with the black interior, that car is not availiable on the east coast, but it IS on the west coast and a dealership in Escondido has one. She feels its worth it to her to pay to ship it here to have the color she wants.

Problem is, I`m very leery of buying a car, even a brand new one without at least looking at it first. I`d feel a lot better if a fellow Autopian who`se as anal as I am could take a look at it before we decide to buy it.

Appreciate the help anyone is willing to give!

MBZ 500E
03-22-2004, 12:56 PM
I might have some time this week to check it out if she`s still interested.

Just curious, can`t you order the vehicle through one of your local dealers? It would allow you to make sure the car arrives to you in one piece and leaving the liability with a the dealer rather than the shipper.

Either way let me know and I`ll try to swing by there.:)

GoodnClean
03-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Thanks! I`ll PM you with the specifics when I get them from her.

I`m not sure, the dealerships here don`t seem to want to allocate from California but I have suggested that she try that.

Malibu
03-23-2004, 06:30 PM
How about ordering it from the factory? Or does she not want to wait that long?

Mike

andriver
03-23-2004, 06:43 PM
I agree with Malibu.

GoodnClean
03-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Doesn`t look like its going to work out, the dealer in California wants a lot more for the car than they`re asking here. No big deal, she`ll just go with her second choice.

She doesn`t wait well ;)