PDA

View Full Version : Black Magic MF 3-pack?

ClayMan
03-20-2004, 06:30 PM
I just bought a pack for $12 CDN from Canadian Tire.

It comes with a yellow one labeled "buffing", a blue one for "glass", and a green one for "dusting"

Are these any good? Or should I refund them and get the 5-pack of "microtek" MF`s (same as Wal-Mart concordia?) instead while I have the chance?

stevet
03-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Clayman,

I have seen the 3 pack of Black Magic MF and I didn`t think they were very good quality. The Microtek are the exact same as the Concordia, I own both. They are a better deal than the BM MF. I think they were $7.00 for a pack of 5 compared to $12.00 for 3 BlackMagic MF.

imported_Dave Holmes
03-21-2004, 02:47 AM
The blue BM for glass work very well. And since they look/feel unlike other MF`s, it`s easy to keep them dedicated for glass only. I keep one under my driver`s seat at all times for emergency glass cleaning, and a couple more for daily use with my detailing supplies. I haven`t tried the other BM towels.

As for dusting, I keep a Wal Mart MF in my glove compartment for dusting while at red-lights, in parking lots, etc. They work well for this because they get so much static buildup and are just "clingy". I also use those ones for buffing after applying vinyl protectant to my dash, and also general cleaning.

Wish we had a Costco around here so I could try theirs for other "less than paint" type work. Don`t want to mess up my good ones from ExcelDetail on that stuff. I have noticed the Wal Mart ones lint A LOT, and wondered if the Costco`s did, too.

Dave