PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! Nxt Problems

Pages : [1] 2 3

vprdak
03-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Ok guys i am fixing to go to work to answer quickly. I applied NXT a couple of days ago and this morning i went outside for a quick wash before work to take the pollen off. Anyway after the wash everything was very shiny but when i pulled into the sun what is this it looks like a haze over my vehicle. It almost resembled swirl marks but it was not it was wax. I can rub it off with my fingers but it takes a little pressure. What is this what did i do wrong. How can i fix it. Has anyone else expirenced this. HELP PLEASE!

vprdak
03-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Not esp. mine is not really smearing but it is jus like a haze almost as if i never removed the wax in the first place.

Dtail
03-20-2004, 01:53 PM
I`ve had the same issue with the nxt wax. After applying nxt wax i go over the vehicle with a quick detailer to remove those haze. A lot of people disagree with the process because it may cause interference with its curing and bonding but I never had any problem with it so far or you can wait for it to fully cure then hit it with a qd.

breakneckvtec
03-20-2004, 04:29 PM
I am having the SAME issue. I actually thought this to be a haze from the DACP but have now attributed it to the NXT. I am gonna strip it down and start over with it. It makes compound like haze on mine as well. After a wash, its fine, then a few days later its back. There are some issues I am having with NXT.

imported_ajbarnes
03-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Man, I thought it was my MF`s or something the whole time. The hazing only happened once on this black vitara I did last week. :nixweiss

rstype
03-20-2004, 06:37 PM
I suggest topping it with isopropyl alcohol. See if that removes the haze...

tpgsr
03-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by BW

LOL yeah haze... thats all it will remove.. :shocked

I am assuming that you really don`t love NXT do ya?

jstn
03-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by BW

thats pretty poor humor. very mature of you.

why bother posting if your not really posting to help someone?

DCT
03-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by jstn

jstn,

I agree.......... seems to be typical though?

Anyhow, could it be that people are not applying the NXT thin enough............ not buffing the residue off completely. After 4 test coats on two different vehicles (2 coats on each), I`ve not seen this hazing?

Jesstzn
03-20-2004, 09:16 PM
I applied to a meduim blue Cavallier last week with no issues at all

This week I have been *slowly* doing my black B5.5 at a rate of 2 panels per day ( clay/DACP/IP/FP ) then as an interm I have been using NXT . I did notice today that the panels I did 2 days ago have hazed some. The reason I noticed it is that the haze mars very easy and when I had it in the sun yesterday it was fine .. today I was at the same place after a wash and it looked like I washed it with 2000 paper.

I had a MF in the car and I went and breathed on the area ( no comments please ) and rubbed with the MF and it went away.

Later today I removed it from 1 of the 2 doors and repolished the door and put AIO / SG on it to see how they compare tomorrow.

The side of town I live on gets little sun out front the house but I walk my dog on the other side of town and it gives me fairly low sun on the side of the car so *everything* shows up.

I just thought of something to add ..

The Cavallier was clayed using car wash soap/ water mix in a sprayer used ona wet fresh washed car .

The B5.5 was clayed using a QD * but 3 steps of polishing between the clay and NXT.

schoi
03-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by jstn

:rolleyes:

I have had some mild smearing with NXT. Nothing that any run-of-the-mill QD didn`t take care of.

Scottwax
03-20-2004, 11:35 PM
I would try using thinner coats and waiting a little longer before removing NXT and see if that helps. I have had zero hazing issues.

My only real problem with NXT is the slickness only lasts a few weeks. Beads nicely and still looks good, but very little to no slickness.

vprdak
03-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Yeah i talked to a guy from Megs and he said it was likely that it was from applying too much just as Scottwax has stated.

TortoiseAWD
03-22-2004, 03:41 PM
NXT smeared upon removal for me on a blue Miata. Applied by PC with grey finishing pad for a very thin coat; the residue wiped off easily. It looked good in the shop after removal, then we pulled it into the sun . . . smears everywhere. Wiping changed the direction of the smearing, but didn`t diminish it. I re-did the car with 1Z the next day, then moved NXT to the back of my shelf.

Tort

vprdak
03-22-2004, 04:45 PM
I think i am with you on moving it to the back of my shelf. But i might just top it with a carnauba or something...