PDA

View Full Version : Your true feelings on Zaino

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Unreal
03-20-2004, 10:25 AM
I have recently been searching alot on Zaino products and have talked to a few people on here about them. I was so hyped about it that I bought the, ZFX, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7, clay and tire dressing but now for some reason after i have this all now i am kinda skeptical on using it because it will probably end all my backyard pleasures in the afternoon on weekends. But I wanted something to really make my metallic stand out.

Is this what I want to use?

What are your honest opinions on Zaino?

Jesstzn
03-20-2004, 10:40 AM
I was a diehard #26 and Glanz user .. did the Zaino last summer and depending onthe look your after it is great. And no it won`t end your pleasures .. you can add more Zaino .. buff out scratches .. top it with all kinds of non-solvent waxes to see different looks then remove them .. etc etc .. its a circle .

mgk65
03-20-2004, 10:40 AM
I love my Zaino!

Easy to use and durable.

FlyNavy
03-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Zaino is very good stuff. I used it for two years on my Vette and was happy with the results.

That said, Meguiar`s NXT Tech Wax gives just as good a result (for me) with MUCH less "fuss".

jstn
03-20-2004, 11:20 AM
zaino gave great results but it was a pain to use. living in high humidity the drying time when using Z1 and Z2 or Z5 was about 5-6 hours. but i here using zfx is the way to go if using zaino. it cuts down the drying time to almost nothing.

andriver
03-20-2004, 11:50 AM
I was seriously considering buying Zaino last spring but I opted not to because of all the time and steps involved. I still hear great things about Z but it`s just not for me.

DCT
03-20-2004, 12:01 PM
I really like Zaino............... especially on light colored vehilces, and metallic paints. Very durable!

mgk65
03-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by andriver

I was seriously considering buying Zaino last spring but I opted not to because of all the time and steps involved. I still hear great things about Z but it`s just not for me.

You get what you put into it.

If you want to use Zaino as you use other sealants, that works too.

However, the ultimate shine requires washing with dawn, claying and then Z2 or Z5.

Prepping by using Dawn or clay is not required, but certainly helps a shine whether you use Zaino or anything else.

imported_Dude
03-20-2004, 03:12 PM
I really like it. I have tried all of the products on the market and keep coming back to Zaino. All of the products are of the highest quality, and the shine really is unbeatable.

Two caveats: First, Zaino can take forever to dry. Even when ZFX is added, the drying process can be awfully slow. I usually let it sit for at least an hour after applying a thin coat w/ZFX. Also, I only apply one coat at a time.

Second, I love Zaino on my blue Jeep but really do not care for it on my silver Mercedes. I know that the conventional wisdom says to apply reflective waxes (i.e. Zaino) to light colored cars, and to apply waxes with more depth to dark colored cars. I prefer to do the opposite. I think that silver cars really benefit from a wax with extra depth. And while Zaino can make a dark colored car look plasticky, the shine is so good...

dternst
03-20-2004, 04:40 PM
A friend turned me on to it and I`ve been using it ever since. I`ve kept an open mind by evaluating other products, but have never left Zaino.

locutus
03-20-2004, 04:47 PM
i agree. so far zaino is by far the best product i have used. i just bought some nxt, and to be honest, in my opinion, it just doesn`t have the same "pop" i get on my silver clearcoat metallic. however, today i used nxt, and topped it with some z1, and i must say, the results were excellent. i`m almost out of zaino, so i will be ordering some very soon.

ZaneO
03-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Zaino is a great product. Don`t regret your purchase. Just follow the directions and you`ll be fine. The key is THIN coats. 1 oz. should do 3 coats.

If you can see it while applying...it`s too thick.

Feel free to ask anymore questions you may have.

Scottwax
03-21-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by mgk65

Prepping by using Dawn or clay is not required, but certainly helps a shine whether you use Zaino or anything else.

Exactly why I have no desire to use Zaino. Dawn will never touch my car. Ever. Besides, I prefer to use product that are compatible with different product lines so I can mix and match at will.

If you don`t mind the steps and Dawn wash and are happy with the results, I sure won`t try to talk you out of using it though. :)

hawkfish
03-21-2004, 12:50 AM
Here is my experience with Zaino.

On my navy blue Trans Am it looks "very good". I say very good because it has shine better than any of the carnauba products that I used on it but the color does not look deep. The paint looks almost plastic but there is no yellow tinge that I saw when using Mothers wax and Meg`s Gold Class. The waxes made the paint look deeper but the shine was just not there.

On the torch red Monte SS that I traded in, Zaino looked better than anything else I used. The shine was awesome and the paint looked extremely bright.

Zaino on red and other light colored cars looks great to me but I am not too happy with it on dark cars.

Just my opinion.

imported_Terry
03-21-2004, 06:44 AM
Zaino is OK in my book.....It`s easy to use & durable. I recommend it to clients with silvers & other light colored autos. but remember.... It`s been said a million times here....."The prep is the most important part of detailing"