PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Durability

BillNorth
03-19-2004, 02:41 PM
I know it`s very early to talk about this. But for those of you who are testing Wolfgang, how do you think it will fare in the durability department based on what you have seen so far?

Scottwax`s photo`s have tempted me to buy some. But if it`s going to be a flop like BF1 and NXT then I won`t bother. The warmth and depth that it offers is very alluring. It would look very nice on my green paint.

Anyway, all comments are appreciated!

Thank you.

Bill :up

detailbarn
03-19-2004, 02:47 PM
As you said it`s kinda early to tell but it looks very promising. I`ve had the Wolf on my hood for about two weeks and it is still beading like the day I put it on. Also I kind of tested it`s durability on accident I was testing a new powerwasher I got for my dad so I figured I wash my truck down. I forgot the I had it hooked to hot water , I figured the Wolfgang stuff was shot as soon as I hit it with hot water so I finished the truck and planned on rewaxing it. To my suprise the water started to bead right away! Most products are gone as soon as you hit them with a hot powerwasher , but it would seam wolfgang held on really good.

imported_BretFraz
03-19-2004, 02:50 PM
I too am at two weeks and its still beading decently and feels pretty smooth. Need to do a more comprehensive test but so far, so good.

I don`t really care for the looks (too silvery) but its easy to use and its slick. All in all, not too bad a product.

former86camaro
03-19-2004, 02:59 PM
In two weeks I have noticed:

Feels like I just applied it and acts like it was just put on. The Gold car has been through a 2 day Florida rain, Pine Tree Pollen, Pine Tree SAP which came off very easy with Z6. Even if it does not last long I would try it. I OCD on my car and like to wash, wax each week or at least wax every 2 weeks. With WG it goes on so fast and comes off so fast I can seal it faster than washing it.

If you lived by me I would let you use my stuff for free to try it. I am really sold on this product…

Ask if anyone local will let you try their Evaluation kit..

BillNorth
03-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. And Mr. Clean, thanks for the offer. I wish I did live by you!

Bret,

When you say it looks too silvery, I think of the reflective glass like look of klasse and zaino. In the wolfgang pics I`ve seen it appears to me that it has more depth and warmth, not really the highly reflective look, at least not as much as z and k.

Am I off base in understanding your description of the product?

Bill.

killrwheels
03-19-2004, 04:04 PM
two weeks and the finish still is slippery smooth. I am impressed with this sealant. I have washed it three times, and tomorrow will add one more. QD is being reformulated, and this may be bliss if it acts like Z6 to Zaino or Sonus to Klasse.

imported_BretFraz
03-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by BillNorth

Thanks for the comments guys. And Mr. Clean, thanks for the offer. I wish I did live by you!

Bret,

When you say it looks too silvery, I think of the reflective glass like look of klasse and zaino. In the wolfgang pics I`ve seen it appears to me that it has more depth and warmth, not really the highly reflective look, at least not as much as z and k.

Am I off base in understanding your description of the product?

Bill.

No question that Klasse leaves a silvery finish. Zaino is always perfectly clear. Wolfgang looks more like Klasse. Since I have WG and Z5 applied side by side, I noticed a difference immediately. I agree that its not as reflective as Zaino. And it doesn`t have the rich look of a good carnauba. I`d say I like most everything about it except for the looks and that`s comparing it to Z5 and S100.

Scottwax
03-19-2004, 11:08 PM
I haven`t had it long enough to comment on durability, but I have now applied it to cars I see every week so I can monitor it closely.

Regarding the silvery look Bret commented on....it seems to depend on the color of the vehicle and the angle you looking from. I didn`t notice it on black (and believe me, after using Klasse, I know exactly what Bret is talking about) but I did on the metallic tan LS430 I put it on today but only at an angle. Straight on, I didn`t notice it.

BillNorth
03-25-2004, 12:33 PM
I`m going to keep bumping this thread to the top of the forum as I`d like it to be the official wolfgang durability thread. This looks like a promising product based on all the reviews I have read. But durability will be the `make-or-break` point.

Bill.

Jesstzn
03-25-2004, 01:36 PM
detailbarn don`t you think tho if its a polymer the hot water shouldn`t bother it .. I have Klasse on the chrome rings on my stove for 2 months now and it still beads and it gets more than its fair share of hot water and direct heat.

killrwheels I hope it will last through 3 washes .. I wash 3+ times a week in the summer.

It will be hard to test durability if everyone is reapplying every 2 weeks cuz it is so easy ..

former86camaro
03-25-2004, 01:49 PM
almost 4 weeks on a SUV kept out doors, 3 washes and still looks like i just applied it

Mantic6t9
03-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Ahhh you guys are just trying to get me to spend more money aren`t you :)

detailbarn
03-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Jesstzn , yes I do agree with you on this.

detailbarn don`t you think tho if its a polymer the hot water shouldn`t bother it .. I have Klasse on the chrome rings on my stove for 2 months now and it still beads and it gets more than its fair share of hot water and direct heat

My comparison was more on par with carnubua waxes and other products claiming polymers. An example would be NXT when I hit a two day old coat with warm water it was gone instantly. On a side note I`ve found that Klasse holds up the best in the hot water , Zaino second and now Wolfgang which seems to last longer under the hot water than Zaino.

Scottwax
03-25-2004, 10:54 PM
I`ve had the WG twins for a few weeks now and on the cars I have used it on, they still feel freshly waxed right after a QEW wash. That is usually a good sign.