Kenji
03-19-2004, 11:56 AM
I bought a Clay Magic bar (fine Grade) in local NAPA,

39.25$ CAN

Mother Clay is around 25$CAN,

comes with a bottle of lubricate.

sounds better deal.

anyone has tried both Mother and Clay Magic,

could you tell me which one is better, other than price?

thanks

2wheelsx2
03-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Is that the 200 g bar? That`s about the right price. I have used both, and the CM has more "bite" to it than the Mother`s, but both are great bars. The Mother`s is only a 80 g bar though. Sometimes, I buy several when they are on sale. I got my last ones at $21 at Cdn Tire when they had a sale. I can`t really use all that much Showtime, so it`s not as great a deal for me. If you can cross border shop, I hear you can get CM at Target and Autozone in the US for $10 a kit of an 80 g bar!

audio1der
03-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

Sometimes, I buy several when they are on sale. I got my last ones at $21 at Cdn Tire when they had a sale. I can`t really use all that much Showtime, so it`s not as great a deal for me.

What do you do with all the showtime?

I`d be willing to buy it if the price is right!

C-MDX
03-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Hey 2wheelsx2, if you don`t want your showtime I`ll use it up for you :D. Besides, I can drive to your house and get it :D

Inzane
03-19-2004, 03:01 PM
I just picked up a jar of Meg`s Body Shop Pro "Overspray Clay", two 100g bars individually wrapped, in a nice jar/container.

Regular retail is about ~ $33 CDN, but I got mine at a bit of a discount and paid about $27 for mine.

Much better deal than the Mother`s clay IMO, and cheaper than the Claymagic. Hopefully it works as well or better than the Mother`s and I`ll be happy.

audio1der
03-19-2004, 04:14 PM
And you`re not going to tell us where you got this good buy?

I don`t mind buying the Mothers Clay pkg, because the clay is easier to use than the Z18 I`ve tried, and I use a 50/50 mix of Showtime/FI for my QD.

Kenji
03-19-2004, 04:27 PM
I havent checked if it is weighted 80g yet, but, i will check it tonight.

i also saw a 1G of Meguiar`s ALL Purpose Cleaner (no plus) selling for around 16$ CAN, if i remember correctly, cheap?

how is APC different from APC+?

Just order the APC+ and Final detail from the states.

products 28$ + shipping 23$( 4-6 weeks, the cheapest possible) , all in USD. :(

Alot of 3M stuffs like Perfect-It III products, selling for around 45$ CAN at NAPA. it seems that not all NAPAs selling the same stuffs. some NAPAs sell more stuffs for body, some just dont.

for the clay, how do i know if the clay is dirty enough not to use it again? like how many times i can use?

over 40$ for a clay, i would expect it to be used several times at least.

I just spent over $500CAN to order my stuffs. I still think it`s not enough. I think I got disease because of you guys.

:(

2wheelsx2
03-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Keep looking out at CDN Tire, they have regular sales on different lines. That`s when I load up. As for the showtime, I would offer some to you guys, but I have given most of it away. :) That`s what I do with it. I open the box, and if I have enough QD, I just give it away to friends. :) I currently have 1.5 bottles of Showtime, and 1 bottle of Final Inspection, which should last me through the summer.

If I run into another sale and have some to dump, I`ll post it up here, and mail or give to you guys.

But I am trying to get away from that. I am trying to only buy clay without the lube. Autopia has a good price on clay right now. Any Lower Mainland people want to get in on it? C-MDX? I will likely be ordering some with some products which this good deal is going on....

2wheelsx2
03-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Kenji

for the clay, how do i know if the clay is dirty enough not to use it again? like how many times i can use?

over 40$ for a clay, i would expect it to be used several times at least.

:(

Tear off the clay into different sized chunks, and use. Or slice the bar into small slices. As it gets dark, knead it until to get fresh surface. Once you can no longer get a fresh surface, throw it away. Some people slice it into super thin slices and don`t knead, but I am stingy with clay. And I almost always polish after using clay, so light scratches are not of concern to me. If you are doing a car which is very dirty with large lumps of contamination (like tar), you have to throw it away sooner.

Jesstzn
03-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Check this

Clay addy (http://www.winnerscircledetailingproducts.com/CandyPress/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=33)

This is 200 G and they now ship to Canada via USPS. And if I remember right he will put a $10 value on it if requested.

C-MDX
03-19-2004, 08:41 PM

Keep looking out at CDN Tire, they have regular sales on different lines. That`s when I load up. As for the showtime, I would offer some to you guys, but I have given most of it away. :) That`s what I do with it. I open the box, and if I have enough QD, I just give it away to friends. :) I currently have 1.5 bottles of Showtime, and 1 bottle of Final Inspection, which should last me through the summer.

If I run into another sale and have some to dump, I`ll post it up here, and mail or give to you guys.

But I am trying to get away from that. I am trying to only buy clay without the lube. Autopia has a good price on clay right now. Any Lower Mainland people want to get in on it? C-MDX? I will likely be ordering some with some products which this good deal is going on....

Oh I`m in on this one :D. Besides, I need a QD that doesn`t have carnauba anyway :D

2wheelsx2
03-20-2004, 01:54 PM
I checked that Winner`s circle site. Price is not as good as David`s. 100 g for $.925, and you can get a $15 discount if you order over $100 worth of stuff. If some of the other Canadians want in on this, we can order $100 worth of clay bars alone! :p

But I have some other stuff I wanted to get, so I can make that discount by myself. Anyway, C-MDX, I will PM when I am putting my order together, to see if you want to save on the shipping.

Inzane
03-21-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by audio1der

And you`re not going to tell us where you got this good buy?

Well I could but that might not be that useful to everyone. I can get Meguiar`s products (only what`s available through Meguiar`s Canada) through a local car dealership I frequent who sources from one of their affiliated body shops and the reason I get a "discount" is because of a particular local car club I belong to.

C-MDX
03-21-2004, 04:05 AM

I checked that Winner`s circle site. Price is not as good as David`s. 100 g for $.925, and you can get a $15 discount if you order over $100 worth of stuff. If some of the other Canadians want in on this, we can order $100 worth of clay bars alone! :p

But I have some other stuff I wanted to get, so I can make that discount by myself. Anyway, C-MDX, I will PM when I am putting my order together, to see if you want to save on the shipping.

Thanks bro :)