PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washer Brands

Gonzo
03-19-2004, 11:14 AM
I`m thinking it is time for me to get one, not only for under vehicle cleaning but for other around-the-house duties as well. There are multiple manufacturers, some producing a good product and others you have to throw away every year. Is there any consensus on the brand to purchase? This is something I`d rather do once-in-a-lifetime - ie pay for a good one

What brand(s)would you buy? Avoid like the plague?

tom p.
03-19-2004, 11:30 AM
I bought a Karcher 330M a couple of years ago at BJ`s for $150. It has been an excellent tool for around the house and car-related stuff. I don`t know how I did without it for so long. With that said, I probably use it bi-monthly at the most. This is not much use. It is rated for 1400psi which seems very adequate for my light usage. It has several spray heads...one of `em is real intense.

Others have commented that the Karcher doesn`t do well with heavy (weekly, daily) use. People report getting only a year`s use and then it gets tossed.

You can check at Home Depot. They sell some serious gas-powered units that range way up there $$-wise. My father purchased a gas-powered Honda unit but I think he`s into that for $500 or something.

Frankly, for my minimal use and the $150 spent, I have been way pleased with the Karcher. It has met my expectations 110%.

hth

MBZ 500E
03-19-2004, 11:37 AM
I`m also interested in others experience as I`ll be in the market soon!

Are any electric pressure washers reliable for regular 2 - 3 times/week usage?

Glenn (San Jose
03-20-2004, 12:11 AM
I would go directly to the gas powered ones. I went through 2 of them and just hated fighting the extension cord and the weak water pressures.

Here is the one that I got. I searched all over including Costco, but found this one on the net. So imagine my surprise when the freight delivery guy tells me he just bought one at Costco. So sure enough, I go back to Costco and find the exact same unit for $100 cheaper at $299 + tax.

http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=53_57&products_id=166

I am really happy with this unit. I have used it to wash the bottom of my cars and the back of my wheels and the fenderwells.

With the special rotating nozzle attachement it was able to help me etch off some day old concrete.

This unit can do just about any job around the house.

Glenn