PDA

View Full Version : Water spots on Black BMW

imported_Thor
03-19-2004, 10:25 AM
We took delivery on a Jet Black BMW and I asked the dealer specifically not to wash it when it came off the truck.

Well, got it home and started cleaning and found some normal decal adheshive from shipping and some dirt. But when I put it under the fluorescent lights in the garage it revealed bad water spots etched in the paint. I tried more soap, clay (which put fine scratches), alcohol, vinegar, zymol cleaner wax and nothing would budge it.

I wanted one anyway, so I bought the PC DA from Lowes and used my Meguiars pads. I installed velcro strip to the 6" pad and it worked great. 2" wide industrial strength adhesive hook and loop strip.

I hit it first with #9 swirl remover and then changed pads and hit it with NXT. It took a little work but they came out with this method and it looks sweet!!!

I searched for water spot info and found that this might help others in the future. Hope it does.

membim
03-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Glad that worked for you. Have fun detailing your black bimmer. I know how you feel.

tom p.
03-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Some water spotting can be extremely difficult to remove. I had a car hit by a lawn sprinkler on a sunny day. I had more trouble removing the water spots from the glass than anyone could imagine.

:mad:

DantePasquale
03-19-2004, 02:10 PM
I have a 94 Infiniti J30t (actually, my son has it!). There are water spots on the passenger window that have survived AIO, Stoners, steel wool, IP, FP and compounding!!!

imported_Thor
03-19-2004, 02:55 PM
I had the windows tinted today and noticed more spots on the windows. I picked up a bottle of Ducky`s. Heard this stuff was good.

I`ll let you know how it works.

Bill D
03-19-2004, 03:05 PM
Ducky`s? What is that? I just did a Google search, couldn`t find anything. Can you describe it? Does it have a website? Thanks

imported_ajbarnes
03-19-2004, 03:53 PM
#9 is some awesome stuff! I`ve used it on several vehicles and all have had great results.