PDA

View Full Version : If you clay do you need AIO?

cspoly
03-19-2004, 08:18 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I`m getting ready to give my car the spring detailing...even though its snowing today!

My routine starts with a good washing following by clay and then a second washing to remove any residues.

After the clay I ususally use Megs #3 with a white pad, this time I`d like to try AIO....but as I read more about AIO it is a cleaner and polish.....didn`t I just clean the paint with the clay?

What benefit does AIO give me after a clay treatment versus Megs #3 or any other pure polish?

Thanks

George

imported_ajbarnes
03-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Clay removes surface contaminants and AIO removes imbedded contaminants. AIO is an awesome cleaner and even a more awesome polish to remove oxidation, etc. But, I never used #3 before, so I couldn`t give a good comparison. I`m sure others who have used #3 and AIO will chime in and give you an anwser as far as comparisons are concerend.:up

Jngrbrdman
03-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Someone explained it best to me this way.... Imagine you had a sliver in your finger. Would you pull it out before or after you got the cotton ball out with rubbing alcohol on it? The same thing applies here. Pull out the contamination before you start rubbing over it with products that will merely level the surface and not pull out the contamination. If you just level off the IFO then it may make it harder to pull it out later. Use clay first and then AIO.