PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for my Focus! (What do you think ScottWax?)

ZTS_Dude
03-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Hey everyone! I`ve been lurking here for quite some time. Thought I`d finally post something!

Scottwax- I`ve been admiring your work for quite some time. It`s amazing what you do. I`d really like to even do some little parts of what you do. Hopefully between you and all the other talented people here, I can get a few questions answered.

Now, I have a 2001 Ford Focus ZTS, which is my most prized possession, really. It`s "CD Silver", and I`ve been waxing it since I bought it. I may have been doing things not quite the autopian way, but I`m hoping that since I have kept it waxed, that it will be good no matter what. My most current full on huge multi-day detail was probably 6 months ago, using the Meguiar`s Deep Crystal 3-step system. I don`t think I was aware at the time that I needed to get all the wax off if I was hoping to help some of my problems.

I have faint swirl marks that can only be seen in the right light (it`s a metallic paint, which makes it harder, I think?) and kinda nasty water spots on my hood and roof, which I haven`t been able to rid myself of. They`re not horrible, and once again, you really have to be in the right light and at the right angle to see the spots. They annoy me nontheless! I`ve never clay-barred the car before, which I should probably do. I have the Mother`s Clay Bar system sitting at home, will this do ok?

Now, I keep hearing about all sorts of #2, #3, #83 (DACP, as I understand it to be..) etc, and it`s all very confusing on what I should use. Considering that the car has been maintained pretty well for someone who isn`t a pro by any means, and there are minor spot/swirl issues, should I be using the DACP? I would be doing all my work by hand, using MF towels (or MF applicators if this has some sort of advantage?). I figured then I would give NXT a shot, unless there are other suggestions for a silver colored car?

I currently top of my washed-but-already-waxed car with Eagle One Wax-As-You-Dry (although I don`t apply it while the car is wet..) Is this okay?

Any help that anyone can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also- What is Scratch-X really useful for? Would it help in my situation, or is it kinda just like a DACP product?

Here is a pic of the car, also, when it was detailed with the Deep Crystal system for a small SVTOA car show in Redmond, WA which they invited my Focus club to attend!

http://www.pacifier.com/~aps/tim.jpg

Thanks guys!

-Tim

P.S.- Feel free to IM me on AIM at DRVNtheSLVR01ZTS if you`d like to chat about detailing.

former86camaro
03-18-2004, 08:49 PM
What I would do is get some Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish. Then use a sealant of some type. I am currently very found of Wolf Gang’s Sealant.