PDA

View Full Version : A Day with 1Z and Poorboys

nonwelder
03-18-2004, 04:50 PM
Well, I finally had a chance to use the new products. Got out of class early, so I headed back and got started. I used 1Z MP on most of the car, as it was pretty clean overall. I had a few problem areas that I hit with PP, and I wish I would have done the whole car with PP, as it really did a GREAT job in cleaning up any problems. I was amazed at how EASY the 1Z polishes were to use. They went on with the PC very easily, and I couldn`t believe how easily they came off! Just blew me away. Then I applied some of Poorboy`s new EX-P. Let me say this was perhaps the most user friendly LSP I have used. Spread fairly easily, but really shines in the removal. Dry time was ~15 minutes or so. Once off I was was VERY impressed by the shine, as well as the awesome slickness. I plan on applying another coat tomorrow or Saturday. Overall, I am very happy with the car. 1Z products are now a new favorite, and I am sure I will buy their ultra polish soon, as well as some of their dressings and shampoos. The EX-P is a very nice product, with good depth for a sealant. A little more plastic looking than regular EX, but I think it will hold up better and I like it better overall. I hope to enhance the look when my Tropi-Care products arrive early next week. I`ll try and snap some pics then...

Brett

teamvegas
03-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Sounds great. I just got my order of MP and GW from 1Z. Trying it tomorrow on a customers Silver/Grey Tahoe. Pics should be up over the weekend. The PP and Up work easily as well and UP is awesome stuff for really bad scratches,swirls but must be followed with PP or MP.

Fleet
06-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Anyone have any problems with EX or EX-P bonding with the 1Z Polishes? Would I need to do an alcohol wash before applying EX or EX-P?

I`ve received a sample of 1Z polishes and want to try them out on a problem area I have. But I only have EX or EX-P to seal it with. I know both of them go nicely over Poorboys polishes. I have some PwC and PP left. Should I apply one of these before EX-P over the 1z polishes?

JayC
06-17-2004, 12:19 PM
Ive used EXP on a couple of cars with various sealants/polishs on them testing compatability, durability, etc and so far, EXP has bonded with everything I`ve tried it on. Overall Ive been really impressed with EXP. It goes on fairly easy, comes off easy and spreads well with a PC.

imported_Unreal
06-17-2004, 02:14 PM
I wouldnt think there would be any problem with it bonding over the 1Z.

The PwC has carnuba in it as well and it bonds to that just fine.

I am not sure if PP has any oils or wax in it but I was told by a 1z rep that MP does have trace amounts of each. I wouldnt think it would hurt anything.

ncal
06-17-2004, 06:58 PM
I have put EX-P over a 1Z polished vehicle and have had no problems with it. Poorboys and 1Z make some of my favorite stuff.