PDA

View Full Version : Need help on where and what to buy for small car dealership

joburnet
03-18-2004, 02:07 PM
I have a small car dealership in roanoke va and I need to buy fairly large quantities of cleaning supplies but I am not sure where or what to get. The best I have found so far is to buy from www.kleen-ritecorp.com

my list of what I am planning to buy is here:

Meguiar`s All Purpose Cleaner Plus $7.99

Meguiar`s Car Wash Soap $7.99

Meguiar`s Final Detail $12.99

Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener $12.99

Meguiar`s W-Dressing $15.99

Meguiar`s Engine Kote $15.99

Meguiar`s Citri-Gel Multi Cleaner $12.49

Meguiar`s Glass Cleaner Concentrate $12.49

Meguiar`s Super Degreaser $10.99

Total: $110 plus shipping

This is much cheaper then at Meguiar`s own website but it is missing the most important part, polishes, glazes and waxes. I would like to get a two step process that I could use with a PC orbital that I am planning on getting from amazon.com I would like to first step to be a cleaner/polish and the second to be a very good wax. I would like to try to klasse combo but it`s just too expensive to be using on this many vehicles. The keen rite website doesn`t seem to have any products in this area that could be used for a machine besides the express wax but I really have no idea what kind of job that would do. Once I get some expirence I would like to turn this into it`s own detailing business. Any advise from the pro`s would be very helpfull. Thanks.

imported_BretFraz
03-18-2004, 02:20 PM
You might be better of buying your products from a local distributor that can visit you regularly and restock you.

I`d also shop companies like Pro, Malco, Car Brite, and others who service car dealerships, car washes, detailing shops, etc. Contact them directly for their distributors.

If you`re reconning cars for resale there`s no real need to use expensive products. The stuff made for volume use is more than adequate. Most OCD Autopians sneer at this stuff but a company like Pro makes some very good stuff and they actually have real live chemists on their staff.

Anyway, just an idea to maybe save you some $$$$.

Accumulator
03-18-2004, 02:40 PM
What Bretfraz said :xyxthumbs You`ll save a bundle, have fewer hassles ordering, and get great results, too.

Some friends and I had a small dealership where we had a situation similar to yours. The local Pro distributor was the way to go.

imported_Greg
03-18-2004, 03:07 PM
http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/TTW453.html

Pretty cheap prices.

BTW: Check out www.coastaltool.com for the PC instead of Amazon.

joburnet
03-18-2004, 03:29 PM
Well I found a meguires dealer locally so I`ll probably go with them and the PC is the same price on coastal tool as it is on amazon but it comes with the extra bonus pack so I`ll probably go with them. Where is a good place to buy pads for the PC and which kind should I be getting?

imported_BretFraz
03-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by joburnet

Well I found a meguires dealer locally so I`ll probably go with them and the PC is the same price on coastal tool as it is on amazon but it comes with the extra bonus pack so I`ll probably go with them. Where is a good place to buy pads for the PC and which kind should I be getting?

Have a look at Autopia Store for pads and accessories. Also visit the community sponsors. PC pads are widely available so shop around. BTW, Meguiar`s makes some good pads so consider them too.

Scottwax
03-18-2004, 11:46 PM
I`d go with Meguiars Swirl Free Polish #82 (you can buy it in gallons) and High Tech Yellow #26 (liquid) for your polish/wax combo if you want to stick with Meguiars. Polishing pad for #82 and finishing pad or by hand for #26. You will get very good results just using those two products.

runnerbl
03-19-2004, 01:05 AM
Scottwax....Is #9 the same as #82 except 82 is professional and can be bought in bulk?

Thanks

Brian

joburnet
03-22-2004, 07:08 PM
runnerbl - Yes, I called the meguire`s dealer and he said that #9 and #82 were the same thing so I ordered some #82 because you can buy it in bulk.

Accumulator
03-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Nah, the #9 and #82 are NOT the same product. Unfortunately, Meguiar`s reps give out all sorts of incorrect info, I`d hoped they`d improved but apparently it hasn`t happened yet.

The #9 and #82 are similar but different. The #82 is a *little* more aggressive and is designed specifically for the slightly different needs of clearcoat paint. Not that the #9 won`t work OK on b/c too, but they aren`t the same thing. Different abrasives, for one thing.

Note that when it comes to 6-6.5" pads, Meguiar`s might not be the best for use with the PC. They use a foam and adhesive that was intended for ROTARY use, and sometimes the different action of the PC can be hard on them.