PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang is the next NXT...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jcrawford
03-17-2004, 10:11 PM
... here it comes, the first 5 posts on this forum right now are about wolfgang.

HAHA...NXT who? :D

seriously though, the stuff looks awesome on black.

ZaneO
03-17-2004, 10:15 PM
IMHO this goes far beyond NXT, and it did it without all the "hype" from the company.

There were no huge expectations built up about Wolfgang. Just an initial offering that spoke for itself.

Jcrawford
03-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Ahh...the devil`s advocate

you`re exactly right though ZaneO, this is all from straight results from the product and no manufacturer hype. never thought of it that way.

but 5 posts???

thinksnow
03-17-2004, 10:24 PM
I noticed this upon logging on for the first time in four days. You can already find helpful hints in the threads to just "throw some Wolfgang" on trouble areas (oxidized paint, glass, wounded knees). I have to admit, the stuff works and it is fun to use but the WG postings started the first day. Weren`t there five or six separate threads on the free offer and another eighteen lamenting the free offer`s demise?

Scottwax
03-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ZaneO

IMHO this goes far beyond NXT

To be fair, the Wolfgang twins are a two step process and NXT is a one step. WG looks very promising so far but like NXT, the true test will be durability.

Jesstzn
03-17-2004, 11:28 PM
Free offers and 18 posts create marketing hype of its own..

It will be interesting to see which Band Wagon people will be on next week.

Jcrawford
03-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

To be fair, the Wolfgang twins are a two step process and NXT is a one step. WG looks very promising so far but like NXT, the true test will be durability.

yeah without a doubt, wolfgang is proving to be a very high quality product with excellent results. especially from scottwax :bow

i was just commenting on how the boards almost as a whole, nowadays as opposed to when i first joined, direct so much focus on the current product of the week.

Scottwax
03-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

Free offers and 18 posts create marketing hype of its own..

True, but it was a lightning strike instead of a two month tease.

It will be interesting to see which Band Wagon people will be on next week.

Looks like Tropi-care. :nixweiss

ZaneO
03-18-2004, 12:03 AM
Very true about the two step process, and I have not tried the WG sealant by itself.

My personal preference is still Wolfgang by far.

Those doubters just need to give it a shot and see that it really is a nice product. I would expect the durability to be satisfactory...we will see.

imported_memnuts
03-18-2004, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by JCrawford

i was just commenting on how the boards almost as a whole, nowadays as opposed to when i first joined, direct so much focus on the current product of the week.

Since you are rather new here, the discussion of novel products has always initiated a great deal of interest ( threads ). When the new version of Zaino first arrived we talked, when BFI and II arrived we talked, When Meg #16 was rediscovered, we talked, 1Z and Merzerna line arrived, we talked. Nothing novel here, no Bandwagoning, just exchanging of thoughts, processes and excitement of trying something new. I find this a very invigorating time with all the new products being presented to us. I feel quite lucky. Where else would you learn about products like 1Z, Merzerna, Pinnacle, Poorboy`s, Professional Meg`s products, PC`s and Rotaries and all types of MF`s , etc except here. Definitely, not on your average site that only devotes a small, normally quite bias, "detailing / appearance" section. I am personally happy that companies are striving to produce the ultimate products for our hobby and vocation. JMHO

unclearty
03-18-2004, 06:30 AM
I think we need to remember one thing...the WG was $10 for an entire kit...normally about $50..the NXT is $15. They are both marketing to 2 different users. I have both and I`m putting NXT on my company demo tonight.....the WG is used on the Benz. It will be interesting to see the RETAIL sales of WG in a few months...I`m sure NXT will sell well in Wa&%rts and T%^get stores.

ps.....I like both products

tom p.
03-18-2004, 07:27 AM
..two newcomers are worthy players on a crowded playing field.

While Scott`s pix from yesterday were breathtaking, I still like to hold my comments for a couple of months to see if panels are beading. To me, I am a more concerned with longevity than the initial sizzle which typically fades within days.

togwt
03-18-2004, 08:39 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

blkZ28Conv I agree, it would take ( for me at least) months and more money than I would want to spend on detailing products to try all of the wax de jour’s that come along, with this forum I get opinions on products (as apposed to hype) from people who know a decent product when they use it. I can then make a buying decision on their recommendations.

~Hope this is of some help~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

acohen100
03-18-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Nothing novel here, no Bandwagoning, just exchanging of thoughts, processes and excitement of trying something new....

Come now... even you must admit there is some bandwagoning here :p Maybe more so from the less experienced users who see a new product without your historical context.

rstype
03-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Snatchface

Come now... even you must admit there is some bandwagoning here :p Maybe more so from the less experienced users who see a new product without your historical context.

Agreed. But at least there aren`t `excitement` threads with ten exclamation marks in the title.

;)