PDA

View Full Version : Question for the pros....

qwik
03-17-2004, 08:25 PM
Hey guys i did a search first as to not piss you guys off but i didn`t get any hits on the new Menzerna Glaze so thus my question continues.

I am thinking of switching from Klasse to the Wolfgang bandwagon to give it a shot. My question is this. I have a few paint swirls and scratches probably caused from my car cover.

My paint job is probably less than 9 months old its a 3 step paint process and has a total of six coats on it, 3 paint 3 clear. I want a completely and utterly swirl free and scratch free finish. The paint looks very very good now but like i said i want to be able to polish this crap totally away. My question is will Menzerna Intensive Polish be too abrasive for my new paint with very little imperfections? Should i use something else such as Medallian Premium Paint Cleaner? I don`t want to use SMR because it just fills the swirls and scratches rather than completely removing them. If menzerna will not be abrasive than i intend to do the following, let me know if this will work. Thanks

AutoBathe

Menzerna Intensive

Menzerna Final

Menzerna Glaze

Wolfgang Paint Sealent

Will replacing the Wolfgang pre-wax polish step with Menzerna`s glaze cause me issues with bonding? From what i have read a polish is what is supposed to be used before a final wax, but than i read again that a glaze is to do the same. So will the above work? (in theory?) Thanks

tpgsr
03-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Where did you hear about this menzerna glaze?? I know menzerna released Power Gloss, but that is just a stronger polish than IP. Just curious, but if infact the did release it, a glaze shouldn`t really affect the bonding of the sealant, However i have yet to try WOLFGANG, so i would not know first hand with regards to that particular product.

qwik
03-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Here ya go buddy:

http://www.properautocare.com/mefitogl.html

tpgsr
03-17-2004, 08:44 PM
ah ah ah... I saw that they were bringing a consumer type line over, or at least a new line of more products. I didn`t think that it was coming for another year though. I will probably be reviewing this soon, i will let you know what i come up with.

Jesstzn
03-17-2004, 11:16 PM
If Wolfgang requires a clean surface to bond to like Klasse or Zaino etc you might have bonding issues

Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze is a water-based emulsion of glycerin, mineral oils and Kaolin (China Clay). Wetting oils create the liquid, shimmer of fresh paint while Kaolin clays fill and mask minor swirls and imperfections.

qwik
03-18-2004, 07:34 AM
Jesstzn: thanks for the repsonse, i read that off the site too hehe. Wolfgang has a pre-wax cleaner that supposedly can be used to remove old wax and has very little filling capabilities, i don`t know if its quite required to help it bond, that is why i would like some wolfgang guys to chime in..