PDA

View Full Version : For those who have used WOLFGANG

breakneckvtec
03-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Is the polish you use before the sealant like a glaze? Meaning does it mildly clean and hide some imperfections?

Out of curiosity, can you use something like VM under the sealant? How are the imperfection hiding abilities of the polish and or sealant? Thanks.

TortoiseAWD
03-17-2004, 07:49 PM
breakneckvtec,

I`ve used then polish a couple of times, and I haven`t really noticed that it hides imperfections. It does seem to have some cleaning capability, though; it removed a small paint scuff (an "almost door-ding" - the scuff was really the other car`s paint left behind) on a silver Dodge Caravan I did last weekend pretty nicely. I didn`t see that the sealant had any filling ability . . . in the right light, I can still see the mild swirls in my WRX that need to be polished out with this spring`s major overhaul.

As for using something like VM, I`m not sure . . . if WG is a "true" polymer sealant that cross-links and bonds to the paint, then you`d want to avoid an oil-rich glaze, I`d think. I`m sure one of the resident mad scientists will give it a try at some point and report back, though.

Tort

Scottwax
03-17-2004, 08:11 PM
I think the Pre-Cleaner is very AIO-like. It will clean the paint and lay down a real nice gloss, but no real swirl removal ability that I can tell.