PDA

View Full Version : one step cleaner-waxes

xhaust50
03-17-2004, 04:39 PM
First I`d just like to say that I have been reading Autopian posts for almost a year now and I think all the help that`s here is great. I just had a question:

I am going to order some of the Poorboys products once the weather breaks including there PP, SSR, EX, QD, S&W and there natural look dressing. Anyway, I will clay, remove swirls, polish, glaze with mothers SG, and then seal. My question is 2 months down if I want to do a one-step product what can I use? AIO will be no good because it will take off everything I just put on right?

JaCkaL829
03-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Welcome xhaust50 :wavey

If you are going to be ordering from Poorboy`s you should consider PwC (Polish w/ Carnuba). There have been quite a few happy users of PwC on this board. It should clean and protect, and might be what your looking for an all-in-one product. You might also want to follow it up with a good sealant(your EX) or a carnuaba(s100, natty wax, carnuab moose wax). These two steps should not take you to long to apply, they are also pretty user friendly and easy to work with from what I hear. Hope this helps.

Kleanride
03-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Yeah, AIO wouldn`t be good, unless you are actually looking to start over. You could add a good layer of carnauba as a topper or keep adding sealant layers if you wanted, 2 months down the road.

Welcome (?!?!) to the forum, although you have been a wallflower for a year!!! :)

xhaust50
03-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the replies. Maybe it`s easier to put it this way. If you just completely detailed the exterior of someones car (clay, SR, polish, glaze, wax), and you were going to redo all of that in 6 months, what would you do in the inbetween time? By one step I did mean a cleaner wax because it seemed like that`s what some people would do but I was asking because this didn`t make sense to me because it would take off everything you just did. But I think most people on here wax or seal there cars every 2-3 months, and I don`t think they completely redo the whole procedure. Would a QD and another coat of sealer work? What do you do?

Accumulator
03-17-2004, 06:30 PM
xhaust50- Welcome to Autopia! Like you, I lurked for a LONG time before I ever posted anything.

In the situation you`re presenting, I`d just wash the car, spot-clay it as needed, and reapply your sealer. No need for better cleaning/prep. I do this with stuff like KSG, UPP, waxes, you name it. I *usually* just reapply my last step product, and try to do so before it`s REALLY necessary.

I hardly ever do a "full detail" unless I`ve picked up some marring I can`t live with. And in that case (similar to your "every six months" routine) the polish strips everything off when it`s removing the marring so it`s back to square one. Heh heh, that`s a good reason to avoid marring the paint ;)

xhaust50
03-18-2004, 12:39 AM
thanks for the input. When the time comes I`ll give that a try.

jasonatv22
03-18-2004, 09:27 AM
After you do that stuff, you should be able to just use the EX until you do it all over again in the fall.

There is nothing wrong with AIOing it repeatedly though.