PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here use FI as an apc??

nosed_b18b
03-17-2004, 01:38 PM
Does anybody here use a qd like FI as an apc??? I was just thinking aobut that. Since it is water based, there shouldn`t be any kind of ingredients that would affect the interior vinyl/rubber parts right??? Am I crazy???:nixweiss :D

Accumulator
03-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Actually, I DO use it as an all-purpose cleaner, but not for automotive applications. I use it to clean fragile household items and antiques. But I find other stuff (like regular interior cleaner) better for what you`re contemplating.

nosed_b18b
03-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Yes, I do think interior cleaners are better. I usually use a woolite mixture for general interior cleaning. I don`t even know why I asked that. Just wondering if any of you guys are as wierd as me, I guess.:p

Accumulator
03-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Well, it sure wasn`t the WEIRDEST question I`ve seen here! Actually, a MF and FI works pretty well for cleaning very delicate things.

And come to think of it, I`ve used FI to clean interior wood in the Jag and Audis. It might`ve softened the wax/sealant I had on it, but not TOO badly (and I often reapply it anyhow). It was nice and gentle, with lots of lubricity so there was less chance of scratching, and no need to rinse. See, not a weird thing after all ;)