PDA

View Full Version : Little more info on Tropi-Care

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

nonwelder
03-17-2004, 01:03 PM
For those interested...I got a nice e-mail back from Steve at Tropi-Care. He basically told me that the products would work well with, "most of the popular sealants out there." He also told me that his polish would not strip other products. I am toying with the idea of trying his polish, though it is between that and getting some natty wax...Any ideas, suggestions?

Brett

andy_cain
03-17-2004, 01:41 PM
For what it is worth, I was a die hard Zaino user on my show truck (Black SVT LIghtning) before using TropiCare.

I personally prefer the Tropicare as it is increadibly easy to use, has a great shine and still has no Wax in it.

I tried the others from Zymol, Meguires, S100, cherry wet wax and assorted others, and have found nothing that compares to TropiCare in its durability, shine and ease of application.

I still have Zaino, S100 and others on my shelf....when it comes to my Vette or Lightning, TC is the only thing I will use on them:xyxthumbs

I did not care for the products with wax (carnuba) as when the sun starts to warm up the pannels, it seems to run and almost melt. In fact, I had the S100 almost ruin the hood on my Porsche 968 after it sat in the hot Texas sun for a few hours it looked as if it had started to "bleed":nixweiss

I know everyone has their own opinion about what is best, but if you want to see the results...email me and I would be happy to send you some before and after photos...my black truck looks like wet paint on a mirror:eek:

LightngSVT
03-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Do you have a url?

raymond_ho2002
03-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by andy_cain

In fact, I had the S100 almost ruin the hood on my Porsche 968 after it sat in the hot Texas sun for a few hours it looked as if it had started to "bleed":

?????????????????????????

.. I don`t even know where to start with this. Part of me wants to laugh, another part of me is pretty upset that someone would make such an outrageous claim against a proven product in order to promote a new product. A pretty ballsy move for someone`s first post.

Scottwax, you reading this? Have you ever have any "bleeding" issues?

unclearty
03-17-2004, 02:29 PM
What IS Tropi-care? I did a Google search and came up with nothing.

andy_cain
03-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by raymond_ho2002

?????????????????????????

.. I don`t even know where to start with this. Part of me wants to laugh, another part of me is pretty upset that someone would make such an outrageous claim against a proven product in order to promote a new product. A pretty ballsy move for someone`s first post.

Scottwax, you reading this? Have you ever have any "bleeding" issues?

Guess it just goes to show that everyone does have their own opinion.

Frankly, I don`t care what product you use, I am not here to promote any product as I gain nothing from doing so...my intent is to share my experience of the products as I have used them personally and tested them on my vehicles for my own curiousity.

My bad there Raymond, didn`t realize that my post had no validity until I had reached a certain number of posts...maybe you could tell me what criteria gives my personal testing credability...what magic number of posts it takes to be the "authority"

:bow

Additionally, I make no "claim" only state a fact on my experience with S100....:nono

dternst
03-17-2004, 02:38 PM
www.tropi-care.com

nonwelder
03-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Andy...This is a really friendly forum, and I think we are always worried about those occaisonal trolls or reps who come in as one of us and promote their product. Don`t be too offended! Anyway, I have never had any real problems with S100. Sure, it has quirks like any product, but in my opinion, it is a VERY nice natural wax, and certainly will be of use to me in the future..To some extent. Talking to Steve from Tropi-Care, his only problem with waxes like S100 seemed to be that they would not be very receptive to a coat of his polish. Obviously this is common knowledge to most of us, so it isn`t an issue. In all honesty, the product looks interesting, isn`t too pricey, and comes from a former Zaino distributor. I may just try some of it. Of course I will eventually get some Natty Wax, but for the way my car sits out, EX-P, SG, and possibly Tropi-Care seem to be the way to go!

Just a few thoughts...

Brett

JayC
03-17-2004, 09:03 PM
I dont have a high post count either so my posts probably dont carry much weight, however, I`m just like most everyone else here and am always looking/experimenting with other products out there trying to get the best shine on my vehicles.

That being said, right now I am sold on TropiCare polish. I hammered on Steve to offer Autopians a mini kit to evaluate his polish for practically free. He finally agreed. See post here. (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34535) I also posted a small review of my experience with the polish along with some pictures here. (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34340)

Now, that being said, the reason that almost no one here has heard of this stuff is twofold. #1 - Its pretty new. #2 - It`s mostly been a local product for Steve as he has attempted to do local sales/distributing and hasn`t really dont much in the way of promoting this stuff. Steve`s partner in Tropi-Care is a detailer and uses the product line exclusively in his business. Steve calls on local businesses/car clubs to sell his product. As I stated, he has had little to no Internet exposure.

If you want to try it, $10.00 gets a small kit delivered to your doorstep. If you don`t then don`t. I`ve tried lots of polishes/sealants based off of recomendations I`ve seen here and I think this is the best of anything I`ve seen BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE. Your mileage may vary.

Scottwax
03-17-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by andy_cain

Additionally, I make no "claim" only state a fact on my experience with S100....

I`d have to see that to believe it. I have never seen anything like that with any carnauba product ever, no matter how hot, here in Dallas or when I lived in Phoenix. I have used S100 on more black cars than I can count and have yet to get less than 8-10 weeks of beading and slickness after application.

If you are in the Dallas area, let me know about the middle of July or August, I`ll come out and put S100 (or the paste wax of your choice) on your 968 wait a few hours and see if it `bleeds`. If it does, I`ll give you $100.

nonwelder
03-17-2004, 11:06 PM
:xyxthumbs

Jesstzn
03-17-2004, 11:07 PM
Anyone know anything about it??

TC-3 Premium Car Polish 8oz.

Easy one-step polish for all paint finishes. Multiple coats ensure durability and protection. Hand or machine application

Sounds like a polymer ( I am assuming this by *multiple coats* )

with cleaners and being called a polish not a sealant.

Murph1083
03-18-2004, 05:14 PM
thats weird..search on autopia showed nothing else about this product. We have any other users here?

nonwelder
03-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Jesstzn....I agree with you that it is strange it is called a polish. It has been a long time since I used Zaino, but I recall it being called a polish as well though...Interesting....:)

Just my thoughts...

Brett

imported_jgv
03-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Here`s one I wont have :D :bounce