PDA

View Full Version : More great ideas from car care forums...

Scott P
03-17-2004, 12:49 PM
I found this little post in the GP forum:

I have a 5 year old black GP, and over the past few months I`ve been neglecting the weekly washes I`ve been doing for years. The car accumulated horrible hard water stains that would not come off even after several washings. I experimented with Turtle Wax "Bug & Tar" remover on a towel, and noticed that if I rubbed hard on a 2" x 2" section of paint, the paint stains disappeared and the paint looked flawless! I`ve always been comfortable using B&T remover `cause it says it`s safe for clear coats and never had problems with it on my paint before. So I figured why not kick the idea up a notch and get a $30 orbital buffer and new wool pad (made for polishing). I spent a day cleaning the car about 3 times with dawn so it was very clean, then I poured B&T on the pad and started buffing the hood. After 10 minutes buffing the hood, and adding a lot of B&T, I washed it off with soap & water then dried it. The hood looked incredible in all light!!!! I spent another hour or so doing every panel on the car the same way then the whole car looked like it did back in 1998!

Here we are thinking of all sorts of special techniques and products when all we need is a cheap orbital, a wool pad and some Bug and Tar Remover! :D

imported_Macgirl
03-17-2004, 01:22 PM
He probably thought it looked great because he was so high on the B&T fumes. :eek:

milani
03-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Amazing things that B&T with silicone additive can do to the shinyness of the paint :D

KgSolomon1
03-17-2004, 08:20 PM
lol I saw that one too, I decided not to say anything. However, it is all in the eye of the behlder :)

nudave
03-18-2004, 02:10 PM
LOL

Naughty Naughty. :nono