PDA

View Full Version : What do I use on wheelwells?

Pages : [1] 2

breakneckvtec
03-17-2004, 12:20 PM
I was going to scrub the inside of my wheelwells with some APC+ and a brush. What should I use to dress the inside of them and keep it looking black?

Bill D
03-17-2004, 12:22 PM
I`ve been very happy with Meg`s Engine Kote. My routine now is to spray it on using a high volume Megs sprayer and then blot with a sponge. Looks good and lasts :up

imported_Macgirl
03-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Armor-All.

Accumulator
03-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Or you can try Griot`s Undercarriage Spray (but I apply with a foam applicator instead of spraying).

imported_memnuts
03-17-2004, 01:37 PM
After washing I use Poorboy`s Bold & Bright. Looks great on flat and undercoated wheelwells areas. Natural gloss and last. :xyxthumbs

jasonatv22
03-17-2004, 03:50 PM
I wash with Orange Blast (APC) and treat with Armor All Foaming Tire Cleaner, which I consider the poor man`s Engine Kote.

Never tried normal Armor All, might try that sometime.

Bill D
03-17-2004, 03:54 PM
I used to use all kinds of foaming tire cleaners, Armor All and More Shine Less Time on my wheel wells. Ran into same problem, all would attract dust and wash away in the slightest bad weather. So far Engine Kote is doing the trick for me. A gallon lasts a long time :up

C-MDX
03-17-2004, 04:01 PM
I`m planning to do my wheelwells this summer with orange blaster and Engine Kote. Also I want to do the same with the underbody (sounds crazy?). Do you recommand using a beater cloth or a cheapo sponge??

Bill D
03-17-2004, 04:09 PM
When I work on my underbody I use both as needed. Some sponges I got from the dollar store and a pack of inexpesive cotton terry towels from Wal-Mart do the trick for me.

Mr. Clean
03-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

After washing I use Poorboy`s Bold & Bright. Looks great on flat and undercoated wheelwells areas. Natural gloss and last. :xyxthumbs

E You are a wise man :D I agree :up for the B `n` B recommendation.

Armor All will work, but IMO not as well. It attracts much more dust, and the foaming spray can be messy.

imported_Dave Holmes
03-18-2004, 04:12 AM
I was wondering about Engine Kote the other day. From the posts I`ve read about it, it sounds like it is similar to "Mop n Glo". I used to use M n G on my boots in the Corps to make them appear spit-shined. Worked very well, except for the areas that needed to be flexible (it would crack). I don`t think the cracking would be a problem in wheel wells. Maybe I`ll try it tomorrow if I have some in the house. If not, guess I`ll have to order some Engine Kote.

Dave

imported_mirrorfinishman
03-18-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Macgirl

Armor-All.

Either Armor-All or your favorite vinyl trim protectant sounds like a good idea.

If you apply tire shine with a cloth you could use the same cloth to appy the protectant to your wheelwells.

jasonatv22
03-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Dave, I think I will try your Mop n Glo as an experiment as I`m out of AAFTC.

Bill D
03-18-2004, 11:21 AM
To those interested, here`s how I learned to use Engine Kote

http://www.showcargarage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139&highlight=engine+kote

http://www.showcargarage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=741&highlight=engine+kote

blankpro
03-18-2004, 11:39 AM
I have a somewhat offtopic question but since this is the `source` I`ll ask anyway:

I have a pair of shoes that I need to wear on Sunday - and the only shoe acceptable is PATENT LEATHER. What can I use to make my shoes appear this way?