PDA

View Full Version : Scratches in clear bra help!

PDT447
03-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Hi gang,

Any one have any tips on how to cover up the small spider web scratches in a 3M clear bra? My car is almost scratch free except the clear bra. I replaced it once cause it was spiderwebbed but I cant affor to drop $100 every spring. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Deanski
03-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Boy, I feel your pain! I`m in the same boat...

So far I`ve tried Megs Plastix with no ressults.

Next will be Renova product.

I also have light scratches from something that hit it and one from using the wrong MF towel rubbing too hard.

I`ve got the film all over: front bumper/air-dam, hood, headlights, fender wings, rocker panels, side mirrors and door cups.

I`ll update once weather changes... DAMN SNOW!

Regards,

Deanski

Bill D
03-16-2004, 06:30 PM
Has anyone tried the Novus polishes on this 3m scotchcal material? Regarding them, I`m thinking to try them using a PC and some 4" pads

ararock1
03-17-2004, 08:20 AM
To protect the clear bra, why not keep a vinyl one over it?

imported_jaobrien6
03-17-2004, 12:07 PM
I could swear I read a post somewhere here about someone who found that Novus #2 scratched his clear bra, and that the 3m plastic polish worked better. However, I just spent about 15 minutes searching on all varieties of keywords and can`t find it.

So, take it with a grain salt, but something to consider.

John

Bill D
03-17-2004, 12:42 PM
I think this is it, the seventh thread down:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23769&highlight=novus

I would be interested in hearing more about the 3m plastic polish

imported_jaobrien6
03-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Yup, that was it. I thought I searched for novus and clear bra which would have found it, but i must not have, or I missed it. I guess i need to brush up on my searching skills. :o

Anyway, it`s just one opinion, no one backed it up or refuted it, so I don`t know if it was really the fault of the novus 2, the technique, or what. I haven`t tried either. I`m about to get a clear bra and was searching around on care for it when I found that thread.

If you try the novus or the 3m polish with the pc on your clear bra, let us know what happens.

Thanks!

John

Bill D
03-17-2004, 12:56 PM
:o :o Took me about 20 minutes to find it. I don`t have a clear bra but I do have the same material on my lights. If needed Ill give Novus 2 a shot but I wonder if the 3m or other plastic polishes are "midway" in terms of aggression between Novus #2 and just the liquid #1 and that using them just might do the trick. Uh oh, I see a monster plastic polish collection coming up on the horizon :D j/k