PDA

View Full Version : New wheels coming, need care advice

jinxxycat
03-16-2004, 04:03 PM
I have some Volk LE28N`s being shipped to me and have been searching for information on the finish on these wheels--which I can`t find. I even emailed the manufacturer too, to no avail. Since the Z is in the shop I will have the rims at home for a few weeks b4 being mounted on the Z. Wondering what the opinions are on using my blackfire products on the rims b4 installation? Might as well start off right. Funny....I never thought an evening at home would involve me sitting on the floor polishing up some new rims for the Z infront of the TV with a glass of wine close by.......yeah, I guess I am in good company though!!!;)

Dinzdale40
03-16-2004, 04:24 PM
maybe they are made the same way that these wheels by Volk are.....if so nice buy....http://www.wheelspecs.com/specs/wheelmodels/425

"Notes:

Material is 6061 aircraft grade aluminum. This material is hot forged. 1st forging process is done with pressure of 5,000 kilograms per square centimeter. 2nd forging process is a slow process with 3,500 kilograms per square centimeter. The lip is also forged to 3,500 kilograms per square centimeter. This allows the wheel to have less material than other wheels, but have more strength and durability. The excess material is machined off (to tolerance of 1/100 of a millimeter). Powder coating and clear coating is done by a special proprietary process to ensure long lasting quality and durability. "

jinxxycat
03-16-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks Dinzdale40 for the link, but they don`t have specs on the LE28N`s except for bolt pattern. I think it`s hard to find b/c they are Limited Editions, and they only make the LE`s in "mercury silver"--the regular CE28N`s come in bronze and "titanium silver". I am thinking they are powder coated and clear coated, but just not sure. Hopefully they will come with instructions on care, but I want to be prepared ahead of time w/ any products so I can start polishing right away! I am impatient!

imported_Greg
03-16-2004, 05:12 PM
I would recommend you use a sealant on the inside and outside of the wheels. Klasse, Zaino, #20 would all be good choices. This will make cleaning easier and typically will only require soap and water.

Murph1083
03-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Hey Jinxx,

Nice Rims!! Waiting to order mine

I would just use some form of a strong, long lasting wax/sealent....i like to use collinites #845 (can buy it at the auto store on rodi road...dont remember if its adv autoparts or autozone) . Seems to work great for me, klasse is also good if you order that....your black fire should work but i really dont have any experience with it

jinxxycat
03-17-2004, 08:02 AM
Thanks Murph!