PDA

View Full Version : Does Poorboy`s EX Compared to Zaino and Klasse

Pages : [1] 2

lairdness
03-16-2004, 11:11 AM
I was told I should have a look Poorboy`s EX for the sake of ease of use and longevity...which sounds good to me....I just want to make sure that I`m not sacrificing that "unbelievable finish" I keep hearing about with Klasse and Zaino products. Thought`s?

tom p.
03-16-2004, 11:13 AM
They`re kind of the sleepers here at Autopia. Great stuff, pleasant odors:D and real easy to work with.

They may not offer the durability of zaino or Klasse but they`re not far behind.

The guys have been talking about a true "sealant" that`s being tested right now that is supposed to offer even better longevity than the EX Sealant w/carnauba (which is a smokin` product). I guess that will be available in the very near future.

I`d spend the $30 over at Poorboy`s and check the stuff out for yourself...he`s got hi-quality products and get one or two of his unique applicators.

jstn
03-16-2004, 11:27 AM
the pure version of poorboys ex is called ex-p. it is available to the public now from premiumautocare.com and from steve at poorboysworld.com . its not on their websites yet but if you call them and order you can get it. i have read a few reviews about it and its suppossed to be another top notch poorboys product.

imported_elortt
03-16-2004, 12:04 PM
EX-p is no longer being tested - it is available now and on some of the websites too.

Eric

imported_Greg
03-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Although I haven`t tested the pure sealant version of EX, I did try the EX and didn`t care for it much. It was an easy product to use, looked reasonably good, but I found durability to be that of a carnauba and IMO a carnauba looks better.

ranch4x4
03-16-2004, 04:29 PM
I have both, EX and EX-P and they are both top notch waxes. They are both easy to use and I`ve had excellent results with both.

I prefer EX-P because it`s clearer and more reflective than EX. EX gives a darker/deeper look. EX-P is even easier to use, it wipes off easy and smells great, coconut!:xyxthumbs

I have some pictures here:

http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2820

Scottwax
03-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by RANCH4x4

[B]I have both, EX and EX-P and they are both top notch waxes. They are both easy to use and I`ve had excellent results with both.

I prefer EX-P because it`s clearer and more reflective than EX. EX gives a darker/deeper look. EX-P is even easier to use, it wipes off easy and smells great, coconut!:xyxthumbs /B]

I agree with your visual assessment of the two EX`s. EX-P is somewhat thicker than EX w/Carnauba, so it doesn`t spread quite as easily, but it wipes off even easier.

Some haven`t had good durability results with Poorboys, but I applied PwC and the regular EX on a red Excursion in early December and it is still beading very well and the paint feels slick. It is certainly no garage queen and it is 4 years old, so it doesn`t feel slick and bead just because it is new paint.

former86camaro
03-16-2004, 11:16 PM
Poorboys needs to do what wolf gang did...

Scottwax
03-16-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Clean 2K

Poorboys needs to do what wolf gang did...

Fancy bottles? :nixweiss

jstn
03-16-2004, 11:31 PM
mr. clean 2k, can you elaborate. i am confused by that statement.

*edit* i think you are talking about free samples. in that case, they have done that on detailcity but not to the extent wolfgang did.

disasnguy
03-17-2004, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by tom p.

They`re kind of the sleepers here at Autopia. Great stuff, pleasant odors:D and real easy to work with.

They may not offer the durability of zaino or Klasse but they`re not far behind.

The guys have been talking about a true "sealant" that`s being tested right now that is supposed to offer even better longevity than the EX Sealant w/carnauba (which is a smokin` product). I guess that will be available in the very near future.

I`d spend the $30 over at Poorboy`s and check the stuff out for yourself...he`s got hi-quality products and get one or two of his unique applicators.

how are the applicators? i`ve been thinking about ordering them but they`re pricey.

DCT
03-17-2004, 05:55 AM
I find that just about all of Poorboy`s products are excellent. Easy to use, and produce fine results. I also like the fact that he is continually trying to improve them.

However, Steve does not have a product that will match Zaino or Klasse when it comes to durability. Now, the new EX-P may, or may not come close............. only time will tell. Still, for as easy as Poorboy`s products are to apply and remove.......... one can simply just add another coat to improve the durability.

JimS
03-17-2004, 08:53 AM
I`ve been using Poorboys EX since about July of last year and with excellent results.

I had 5 coats of Zaino on it and switched over to EX. The last coat I put on was in October and it lasted throughout the winter. It was still beading very well when I took it off last week and applied EX-P.

`

EX-P is very clear, no carnuba, very easy to wipe off and leaves a very bright surface. I prepped with Pro Polish preceeded by Poorboys clay which looks and feels and perfoms exactly like Zaino clay...imo.

I"d definitely recommend EX-P but then I recommend all the Poorboy products because they`ve never failed me.

The PCV foam applicator worked fine but I still prefer the big Viking applicator with the blue knob/handle. I drop all the applicators I use but seldom drop the Viking....plus the surface is large making it easy to get full coverage with overlap.

tom p.
03-17-2004, 09:18 AM
He`s been successful at taking a different path with the marketing game...I think it`s catchier than some of the other attempts witnessed over the past year.

Great products AND great value!

lairdness
03-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Yeah BUT, would you guys pick EX-P over Klasse AOI/SG or Zaino`s stuff is what I really want to know? The price ain`t all that different and yeaH THE EX-P sounds nice to work with.....but, if you had to choose one, would it be EX-P?

...of course I think we already have Jim`s answer hehe

thanks for the posts so far btw

PS ScottWax...does PwC mean p21s Paintwork Cleanser?...and Unforgiven is a great movie!