PDA

View Full Version : What`s the best way to remove Nu Finish?

lairdness
03-16-2004, 11:01 AM
I Know I Know....what the hell am I doing using Nu Finish...call it a noob indiscression (sp?)....anyway I want to make sure I get it off completely before claying, polishing, glazing and waxing....also how do I know it`s gone?

Scott P
03-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Your normal steps of claying and polishing will remove the Nu-Finish. You don`t need to strip it prior to doing anything else.

dmatre
03-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Don`t completely knock NuFinish.

Yes, the marketing is all hype ("the once a year car polish"), but it actually does a good job as a longer-lasting cleaner wax/sealant.

I`ve used it on wheels, and on some of the `rougher` vehicles that deadbeats. . .er. . . family members bring to be detailed. I can`t complain about the results.

lairdness
03-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by dmatre

Don`t completely knock NuFinish.

Yes, the marketing is all hype ("the once a year car polish"), but it actually does a good job as a longer-lasting cleaner wax/sealant.

I`ve used it on wheels, and on some of the `rougher` vehicles that deadbeats. . .er. . . family members bring to be detailed. I can`t complain about the results.

I`m not...but I`ve seen guys get beat up in here saying they were gonna use it....I thought it was only a fair product though...LG was much better...and certainly the Klasses Zainos Poorboys etc have got to be several notches better than LG (going by the reviews)

JustinR32
03-16-2004, 11:17 AM
If you prep properly, NuFinish will look great.

The knock on NuFinish isn`t that it`s a bad product, but that there are better, newer formulations that work as well at protecting, look even better, contain fewer volatile solvents, and are easier on your skin and olfactory pores. But if all you had was NuFinish, you could still get outstanding results with proper prep.

Tom

lairdness
03-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Scott P

Your normal steps of claying and polishing will remove the Nu-Finish. You don`t need to strip it prior to doing anything else.

Thanks Scott...much appreciated...I`ll pollish away in peace

jasonatv22
03-16-2004, 11:43 AM
NuFinish is great for my mother-in-law`s Camry. Her car is only hand washed once a year by me, otherwise it goes through a beat-em-up car wash (aarg, she "forgets" to go to the touchless ones). I`ll wash, clay, and NuFinish (or that green bottled Finish2001 clone) her car.

She needs something that will last. And I`m not going to put three coats of Zaino on it just for her to have it whipped in that car wash.

I don`t think NuFinish is any harder to get off than Zaino would be. Claying may not remove it totally, but the clay should do it`s job through it.

Bill D
03-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Would an isopropyl alcohol mix 50:50 with water work? One could wash the car first, clay,re wash and then spray the mix to remove any remaining product?

Jesstzn
03-16-2004, 12:16 PM
To me if the clay/polish doesn`t remove it .. it deserves to be there and won`t hurt a thing as far as I can see.

BTW Nu-Finish liquid is prolly the best/least expensive way to go if your in need of a polymer ( if you don`t already have one ) for your wheels, door sils and engine bay.

nudave
03-16-2004, 12:30 PM
The best way to remove NU-Finish is to throw it in the trash :D

Clay + Polish should be good enough.

Actually after reading this thread.................I`m thinking about buying some...for my computer of course.

lairdness
03-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by daveb

The best way to remove NU-Finish is to throw it in the trash :D

Clay + Polish should be good enough.

Actually after reading this thread.................I`m thinking about buying some...for my computer of course.

hehe....you see! you see what a nu-finish user has to go thru! hehe

dmatre
03-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I see the persecution going on here. . .

I simply say: Don`t criticize my methods, criticize my results. . . ;)

Jesstzn
03-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by dmatre

Yeah, I see the persecution going on here. . .

I simply say: Don`t criticize my methods, criticize my results. . . ;)

^^^^ I like that :xyxthumbs