PDA

View Full Version : Product packaging

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

NYV6Coupe
09-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any issues with various products and the packaging (containers) they come in.

yeah, I know the contents are more important than the containers but properly designer containers make a good product better `cause it`s easier to use & not waste any.

My comments refer to the containers, not the products `cause all products are VG to excellent.

All Poorboys`s products I have are excellent with the little spout in the cap and the container is a firm plastic & easy to hold.

Same goes for Clearkote products, very similar packaging.

4* products - excellent packaging & easy to hold.

Pinnacle products share a similar design with 4*, excellent.

Menzerna products packaging is the best I have. With the small spouts in the cap it`s easy to hold & dispense just enough product.

The Klasse twins are the worst I have. The wide side of the container is flimsy & it squirted a fountain of AIO the first time I picked it up. The plastic plug with a small hole is cheap & it`s tough to dispense the correct amount especially with a product that`s finnicky about how much you apply.

I don`t have any 1Z products but I`ve read some negative comments about the containers.

I`m tempted to move the Klasse products to better containers just because I find the containers so awkward to use.

Your thoughts?

CharlesW
09-22-2004, 07:43 PM
I`m tempted to move the Klasse products to better containers just because I find the containers so awkward to use.

My AIO is in a small 3 oz. container with a flip top lid. (From the Wal*Mart health and beauty aids department)
I stopped using the original bottle, not because of any problem I had, but because of reading about the bottle shattering when a member dropped it on the concrete.
The small containers worked so well that I now have all my SMR, polish, sealants, and liquid wax in them.

Charles:)

norahcrv
09-22-2004, 07:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/coolchid/Garage%20Pics/a831e57d.jpg

wifehatescar
09-22-2004, 08:11 PM
I save old PB`s bottles to put AIO and 1Z products in :D

NYV6Coupe
09-22-2004, 08:24 PM
yes norah, something like that would work great for the Klasse twins. You should have seen the geyser of AIO ..... at least I know the container was FULL & topped-off when it shipped.

No need to tote 16oz of product when you`re only going to use a couple ounces. Besides, if you drop something it could crack & spill all that expen$ive product on the garage floor ....... what a waste!

Now if I was using NuFinish, I could drop it, kick it, drive over it & I bet I wouldn`t lose a drop of das vunder produkt.

norahcrv
09-22-2004, 09:34 PM
:lmfao :lmfao :lmfao

Another advantage to the smaller bottles, is that they are small enough to fit in a pocket, so you can keep the product with you as you work.

BigRon62 - have you torture-tested the NuFinish packaging?

mtodde
09-22-2004, 09:53 PM
:lmfao :lmfao :lmfao

Another advantage to the smaller bottles, is that they are small enough to fit in a pocket, so you can keep the product with you as you work.

BigRon62 - have you torture-tested the NuFinish packaging?

That`s a great idea Norah...a full size bottle isn`t easy to put in your pocket while you are holding a PC. I`ll have to give that a try next time...it would make it much easier to apply products...and faster too!

Woob
09-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Norah do you use up the entire miny bottle for a full detail? Hmmm that doesnt look like all the products that you have! :lol

norahcrv
09-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Woobers,

No, I can get several details out of each mini bottle.

And, yes, there is a mini bottle for each & every product I have. Well except for the 2 that came today from PAC, but I have empty bottles all ready for them.

Norah

sQuashed
09-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Norah, thats a beautiful sight :mohawk

Woob
09-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Woobers,

No, I can get several details out of each mini bottle.

And, yes, there is a mini bottle for each & every product I have. Well except for the 2 that came today from PAC, but I have empty bottles all ready for them.

Norah

:jump Looks like my work did work after all. I mean the force did :drunk Only 2 bottles cmon! Dwayne is running sales! And clearance :D

awd330
09-23-2004, 12:26 AM
I am as picky about my bottles as I am about my detailing chemicals. I wind up transfering many of my products from their original bottles to generic types of bottles. For polishes and glazes, I often use bottles with "yorker caps" (dispenser tips that taper down to very small openings). For very thin liquids, I`ll use dropper bottles that dispense one drop at a time. I also have many types of generic sprayers on hand (high volume, fine mist, chemical resistant, etc.). If I posted a picture of my products, you wouldn`t be able to tell what most of the products were because of the missing original packaging.

NYV6Coupe
09-23-2004, 06:36 AM
The Menzerna products use "yorker" caps and I find that to be my favorite for convenience and for the ability to accurately dispense products.

The tapered tip folds down into the cap making it easy to dispense product one-handed and easy to close.

The small containers are really the best solution. Easy to handle and minimal product loss if the container is dropped.

NYV6Coupe
09-23-2004, 06:38 AM
bigiron, I`d have to buy NuFinish to test the NuFinish packaging & I`d rather spend $$$ on JWax ........ ha ha

Would you send me a sample for testing?

awd330
09-23-2004, 08:31 AM
The Menzerna products use "yorker" caps and I find that to be my favorite for convenience and for the ability to accurately dispense products.

The tapered tip folds down into the cap making it easy to dispense product one-handed and easy to close.

The small containers are really the best solution. Easy to handle and minimal product loss if the container is dropped.
I just got a couple Menzerna products in my latest order from PAC. The caps in the Menzerna bottles do seem to be very nice. They have longer spouts than most flip top caps, and the openings are also small in comparison. Though they are not really "yorker caps", they do seem to serve the same need for precise dispensing of product.

FWIW, here is a link to an example of a "yorker cap" -Yorker Spout Lid (http://www.containerandpackaging.com/item.asp?item=L422)

I know Dwayne sells these types of bottles in a 12 ounce size, but there isn`t a picture of the bottles on the PAC website. Wax Bottle with Sealer Cap (http://www.premiumautocare.com/12ouwaxbowiy.html)