PDA

View Full Version : removing NXT

vapore0n
03-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Ok, so when I remove NXT it leaves like a hard residue that looks like it it were bubbles in the clear, but if you buff it long enough it comes out. Thing is I would like to not buff long enough for swirls to come out. How do you apply and remove NXT so that there is no hard residue?

Heres a pic of how the trunk looks. The metallic pearls in the paint sure come out. And most of the swirls are filled preaty good. Too bad durability has ben an issue for me. NXT shine doesnt seem to last too long.

http://24.63.6.4/WRX/Pictures/1810.jpg

MrLoveLoviro
03-15-2004, 04:14 PM
I have to say I think you applied it too thick. I tried NXT on my mom`s black toyota and I didn`t get that. (those white dot thingies) I got some powder, but not white dots thingies. I tried Gold Class ONCE and it gave me tons of those white dot thingies. It looks like you will need a paint cleaner or just maybe reapply the NXT:nixweiss thinly.

I too have found NXT NOT durable, even less so than S100.

forrest@mothers
03-15-2004, 05:32 PM
I`d vote for too thick an application as well. When was the last time it was clayed?

Is the paint surface smooth to the touch?

vapore0n
03-15-2004, 05:39 PM
The paint was in good condition. I think its because of a thick application I did. Working outside with this cold weather makes me want to do it fast and get inside quick.

I compared the pictures I took with the pictures I had taken of my car with AIO and AIO looks a lot more reflective, a lot. NXT looks a lot more deep and glossy. I think Ill stay with NXT for a while, since it covers those swirls, even though Ill have to reapply every 2 weeks.

TortoiseAWD
03-15-2004, 07:24 PM
l7avis,

I`m pretty sure the specks in the picture are actually the flake in the metallic paint showing through . . . the Midnight Black Pearl on `02 and `03 WRXes is really a deep, deep blue metallic rather than black. The blue color and flake only seem to show up well when the car is very clean and in the right light.

Tort

BlueDragonZ
03-15-2004, 11:33 PM
I`ve never had this happen but if I had to guess I would say it`s just applied too thick. NXT over AIO is definately a great combination. My most recent detail with a PC is this combo and I love it.:xyxthumbs

Scottwax
03-15-2004, 11:57 PM
I agree, probably too thick. Using waxes/sealants in the sun can sometimes make them hard to buff all the residue off cleanly.