PDA

View Full Version : Touchless car wash vs. Quick and Easy Wash

bigwes
03-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Hey guys,

Got my car back from the detail shop, looks great. I think it is almost impossible to remove every minor swirl from a car (especially darker colors). I was told everytime I wash my car with mitten there will be some minor scrathes/swirling done to the paint. I have been wondering about using a touchless car wash or the Quick and Easy Wash from Protectall. I am confused on the QEW washing method. If someone is a pro on using this please let me know. Is the QEW harmfull to clearcoats?? Anyone had a bad experience with touchless car washes? I am determined to keep my car as swirl free as possible.

superblack z car

Takin` it one step at a time

04Runner
03-15-2004, 10:38 AM
I know QEW is safe for clearcoats. I have used it and it works well, but I still can`t bring myself to using it if the car is more than just dusty. I like the idea of washing my car without touching it, but from my searches on here, I think it`s pretty much a concensus that it`s really not the way to go. I have found a great drying method that is the best way to prevent scratching while drying. Read this:

Great buyer! It was nice doing business with you! Thanks.

04Runner
03-15-2004, 10:40 AM
don`t know what that was....here`s the link:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5120