PDA

View Full Version : #9 & #20

DBC
03-14-2004, 11:59 PM
Well today was a really great day out to detail my car.so off i go and start off by stripping the Klasse coats using the EFHI,left the paint with a dry feeling.So i start off by using the #9 to remove whatever scratches i have.Im thinking "cool, not that hard to use" since it goes on really easy.i tried the technique that Scottwax uses,going around in circles and then in straight or up/down motion.on some the scratches were gone and others werent as noticeable.

Well heres mistake #1 i made.After rubbing some #9 on one panel i left it on too long while working on it and it was hard to come off.Mistake #2 i made was trying to use the terry applicator wet.I jus thought i would try it like that to see if it would help disperse the #9 more evenly,well it did but it hazed up so fast that that was even harder to remove so i spent alot of time on the hood and the roof of my car trying to remove the polish using both Eagle One Wet Wipe And Shine and a bottle of 50/50 alcohol and water.I think i spent about a good 30 minutes combined for both the roof and the hood.

Proceeded to use the sealant.Went on easy and came off jus as easy or easier.And it removed any leftover residue from the polish since it DOES have cleaners in it.Im thinking that it had to do with the humidity since it was in around the 50`s if I remember.Using #9/#20 left my paint giving a more *wet* and *warm* look than having a bright shine to it.After that i topped with #26.

Just thought Id share my input on these 2 products.For those who havent used #9 yet,jus remember to use a little and work on a small area at a time and watch while it hazes since *I* have noticed that as soon as it hazes when youre working it to buff it off immediately.Comes off easier that way instead of working it too long and having trouble taking it off.Anyone else care to share your experiences using #9?What would all of you others who have used #9 by hand recommend?

robert

Scottwax
03-15-2004, 12:04 AM
Yeah, working more than one panel at a time with #9 is a bad idea. Also, instead of a terry cloth pad, use a folded terry cloth towel and refold for each section.

Now...where`s the pics? ;)

DBC
03-15-2004, 12:13 AM
Sorry Scott.I dont have a cam available to take pics of my car but heres the link to when i first posted my car after detailing it when purchased second hand.it looks like this:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24887