PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Products and Swirls?

WAX2MUCH
03-14-2004, 04:08 PM
I just read a few of the Wolfgang Polish & Sealant reviews. How well do these products remove/hide swirls and light scratches?

Thanks for the comments.

disasnguy
03-14-2004, 04:35 PM
I`ve only tried this on my trunk because I haven`t had much time but I promise I`ll do a full evaluation! But as far as swirls are concerned, it doesn`t really do much to hide swirls. Maybe some, but minimal.

killrwheels
03-14-2004, 06:24 PM
the precleaner helps with swirls and paint prep, like Pinnacle Paintwork lotion, the sealant is a final finish product only.

ZaneO
03-14-2004, 08:54 PM
It does a fair job at hiding swirls. Better than NXT IMO.

tom p.
03-14-2004, 08:56 PM
I`ve seen better. OTOH, the sealant is a real crowd pleaser!

Scottwax
03-14-2004, 11:42 PM
It is good with light spider swirling, but don`t expect it to make a dent in rotary holograms.

Despite what some others have said, I think the Pre-Cleaner is very easy to use, almost as easy as AIO.

WAX2MUCH
03-15-2004, 08:56 AM
Thanks alot for the replies...I`m going to try some of the polish & sealant.

Would the WG sealant work on top of Zaino?

DetailQueen
03-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Softball nut - that sounds like something you should try on a small area. I applied the WF pre-cleaner and sealant, on a wax free surface and the results were great. I had no problem at all with the pre-cleaner going on or off like others have stated.

former86camaro
03-24-2004, 10:51 AM
I love WG more than Zaino, but WG has as much swirl removal hiding ability as Zaino Z5 does. How much does Zaino have you ask; non in my humble opinion.

I belive if you ahve swirls and scrathces you need removed use products designed to do just that then apply WG or Zaino.

DAC17
03-24-2004, 08:15 PM
I used the precleaner and sealant by hand on my new WRX that the dealer had completely swirled on the sides, and I think it`s at least 80% better than when I started. We`ll see how long it lasts, but so far, so good.

Big Leegr
03-25-2004, 12:27 PM
As it says on the website, the pre-cleaner is a chemical, not abrasive, cleaner. It "fills in the swirls" and "rounds the edges" so the swirls "seem to disappear." I tried it on my girlfriend`s car. She`s used the snowbrush on it regularly and has been caught once using the scaper!:eek: ("I was careful. I couldn`t find the brush and I was in a hurry.") I didn`t seem to notice much difference, and I tried different techniques/amounts. I think it may make the swirls seem less noticeable if you don`t see a direct light source reflecting off the paint. It did seem to lessen the noticeability of some scuffs though.

I`m definately going to have to do some more work on it than just the hot wax at the car wash!:rolleyes: