PDA

View Full Version : Help with Purchasing PC Pads

ramhunter24
03-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Finally, I will be making my 1st PC Purchase ( PC 7424) from CoastalTool tomorrow. I then need to order some pads, and need some recommendations on which pads to buy. I will be using the Menzeran Twins and Meguiars #82 Swirl Free Polish, to try and remove the swirls on my Black Truck.

Based on both the Menzerna Twins and Mequiars what kind of pads and how many should I purchase?

Is CMA, the best place to purchase?

Also, should I be purchasing the 6.5 pads?

Would appreciate any and all input....:xyxthumbs

BlueDragonZ
03-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Last Thursday was the first time that I used my PC and I was having the same questions. I hope that you read all the thread on how to properly use a PC. From my recent experience you definately need at least two orange, white and grey pads. The 6.5 pads should be sufficient.

bboy850
03-14-2004, 03:41 PM
There are some LC pads on sale at Detailers Paradise, http://www.detailersparadise.com/ .

chris0626
03-15-2004, 11:45 PM
I`ve found my best prices at Top of the Line. But haven`t checked Detailers Paradise, which Macgirl also recently mentioned as having excellent prices.

Haven`t used Menzerna, but I`ve mostly used my Lake Country yellow pads on a car where I`m trying to get rid of some fairly significant swirls/scratches. For starters, I`d say get at least 3 of the yellow if you`re going to do heavy-duty polishing, plus at least two of the white and black/grey.

Remember that you can`t use a pad for multiple products. So if you go with the Autopia approach -- starting out with the least-aggressive polish, then moving up if you need something more aggressive, you can easily end up with product on a lot of different pads. Have 2 or 3 of each type just saves you the time of washing them between products.

imported_nadir
03-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Hey

I would definately recommend Detailers Paradise. They have free shipping over $100! If you aren`t planning to spend that much, you are still getting a great deal from them.

good luck!