PDA

View Full Version : 5 Star Shine...answers?

Pages : [1] 2

Corey Bit Spank
03-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by chadster

Hi, I appreciate each of your good/inquisitive questions and coments. Great due diligence! Each one has an answer. So let me answer them one by one. I promise the answers don`t involve reverse time-travel a la Superman flying around the world backwards or flux-capacitors (Back to the Future)...... :)

Question: "On your website, you claim to have been applying FSS to a 1985 Cougar since new. How is this possible when the patent (5,081,171) was given January 14, 1992. Oh, and I`d really like you to clarify how you went back in time with the 1985 Cougar?"

5 Star Answer:

You`ll see that there are previous patents that are referenced within the 5 Star Shine Patent. The original patent was given in 1979. Since then there have been innovations and improvements. One of those improvements, which is the most significant, came in `92 which is the current formula. The Cougar had been treated using the previous 1979 patent application. Same protection, but just a vastly different application method.

Question/issue:"I don`t know if you`re aware of this but quite frankly, PTFE must be applied in 640 degree temperatures for it to "sinter" or bond to a surface. Crazy internet marketting you have going on here."

5 Star Answer:

Don`t be confused, in the paragraph "BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION" it describes a DIFFERENT PATENT (4,284,668 ). 5 Star Shine remedies and eliminates the "buffing"/heating temperature bonding issue that you/dupont describe which can damage paint unless applied by someone skilled with a cutting buffer. This new patent formula (1992) is different. 5 Star Shine contains NO ABRASIVES. Application is an easy 2 step process using a soft terrycloth towel.

Let me continue to answer the next logical question one would have.... "So then how is it that 5 Star Shine achieves the ability to use teflon in its patented formula?"

Here is how 5 Star Shine chemically works and the unique patented formula that allows for the teflon to protect the car surface:

As the teflon (suspended in the aqueous solution) is applied to the car, the polar attraction of the teflon to the car paint surface holds the teflon in place.

The polar attraction alone won`t hold the teflon on the car surface long term. (think of how a magnet would hold metal shavings...... they stick, but you can easily remove them)

This is where the new patent difference/innovation comes in:

Methyltrimethoxysilane (the major chemical in the aqueous solution) is the chemical that is the curing agent on the painted surface which cross links with the teflon to protect against and repel dirt etc..

Interestingly enough, over time, as it cures, the teflon expands while interlinked with the methyltrimethoxysilane and effectively covers the entire surface better than when it was first applied. (you`ll notice on the bottle it says that the appearance will continue to enhance over the next 24-48 hours after application.)

I certainly understand your skepticism, I most certainly was initally too. Ultimately people want to know/see that a product works and lives up to the claims it makes. 5 Star Shine does exactly that. I hope that you and others take the plunge and try out 5 Star Shine. Then you can be the first to write in about your conversion followed by a stellar review on this site! :)

So there is the loooong answer. Hopefully I`ve explained it well. If you haven`t, go and check out the testimonies of those that have applied 5 Star Shine and continue to get the same original shine/protection months after they first applied it. Updates will continue to come in.

Sincerely,

-Chad

Check out the proof by what long-term users are saying!

http://nicoclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45700

http://nicoclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48193

http://nicoclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44819

Use customer code `VIPDISCOUNTS` for a discount at checkout!

www.5starshine.com

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1596590#post1596590 [/B][/QUOTE]

I don`t know. :nixweiss It still seems like a gimmick to me.

imported_chadster
03-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Hey Corey/Autopia members, a quick note.

I want to say that I must apologize for the way that I have handled myself in the past as far as posting etc. here on Autopia. In my enthusiasm I broke the rules, and wound up looking like a dishonest spammer using different id`s etc. While I did want to provide info, I did it in the wrong way and have learned a great lesson the hard way.

I did email David regarding this a while back apologizing for this and he was nice enough to allow me back. I hope that those in this forum can accept my apologies and I can continue to browse and learn etc. about the great things/info here on Autopia.

Thanks and once again, I apologize.

Sincerely,

-Chad

Corey Bit Spank
03-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by chadster

Hey Corey/Autopia members, a quick note.

I want to say that I must apologize for the way that I have handled myself in the past as far as posting etc. here on Autopia. In my enthusiasm I broke the rules, and wound up looking like a dishonest spammer using different id`s etc. While I did want to provide info, I did it in the wrong way and have learned a great lesson the hard way.

I did email David regarding this a while back apologizing for this and he was nice enough to allow me back. I hope that those in this forum can accept my apologies and I can continue to browse and learn etc. about the great things/info here on Autopia.

Thanks and once again, I apologize.

Sincerely,

-Chad

I`m sorry, Chad, but first impressions mean a lot--I searched this board and I really couldn`t find anything good on it. Somebody on another board was disappointed that he only recieved 2 oz of the wax. 2 oz? You have to be kidding me. Even if it was a good product, I would still want to reapply it because well, I`m an autopian. Over and over...this would get costly. ;)

bronze2006
03-16-2004, 03:55 PM
Maybe you should give us at autopia some free samples, and if the product works as it says it does, then others will get product reviews that are unbiased or have biased against the product that are good reviews and you would get a lot of sales, if the product is bad it fails, if your product is a good one send over some free samples

Corey Bit Spank
03-16-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by bronze2006

Maybe you should give us at autopia some free samples, and if the product works as it says it does, then others will get product reviews that are unbiased or have biased against the product that are good reviews and you would get a lot of sales, if the product is bad it fails, if your product is a good one send over some free samples

Product samples of a 2 ounce product? :o

JustinR32
03-16-2004, 05:16 PM
LOL, I buy 2oz bottles at a crafts store and send stuff to people, and I`m not even a vendor!

imported_chadster
03-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Sure, I`ll have no problem sending out a sample kit. Though I`d like to send it to one of the site moderators so I can be sure that it will be used by someone with a strong connection to this site.

So, if either bjwebster, Pats300zx, or ShowroomLincoln are up for it and give it a legit test I`ll do it no problem.

-Chad

you can email me at:

5starshine@dslextreme.com

bronze2006
03-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Mods: Go get the FREE SAMPLE!! (and thank me for the idea - david maybe a little special discount for me ):p

imported_chadster
03-22-2004, 02:17 AM
I still have yet to hear from any of the moderators of this forum as to them testing out the product...

-Chad

kiwi133
03-22-2004, 05:13 PM
^bump^ mods? hellooo?

chadster, I private messaged you some questions a few weeks ago, please pm me back.

fiso
04-17-2004, 03:01 PM
I had ordered the 5 Star shine and was somewhat shocked at what I got for my 73 dollars so I sent it back under the thirty day warranty. That was three weeks ago and I have heard nothing from them. I hope the poroduct is better than the warranty. Even if they come through at some point I still lose 15 dollars in shipping and handling fees. For the price of those fees I could have bought two bottles of the dupont teflon wax!

tpgsr
04-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by fiso

I could have bought two bottles of the dupont teflon wax!

Are you Serious....

Please be joking....

...oh no... your not joking :wall

fiso
04-17-2004, 06:26 PM
Hey, at least Dupont would honor the gaurantee

thinksnow
04-17-2004, 07:04 PM
It would be interesting to see if they would accept your testimonial for their extra-extra-extra long home page. If the government is shelling out 75 bones per two ounces to protect radar units on battleships, maybe I finally figured out where all my income tax monies go.

Originally posted by fiso

I had ordered the 5 Star shine and was somewhat shocked at what I got for my 73 dollars so I sent it back under the thirty day warranty. That was three weeks ago and I have heard nothing from them. I hope the poroduct is better than the warranty. Even if they come through at some point I still lose 15 dollars in shipping and handling fees. For the price of those fees I could have bought two bottles of the dupont teflon wax!

thinksnow
04-17-2004, 07:06 PM
It`s a mist.

Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

Product samples of a 2 ounce product? :o