PDA

View Full Version : Best Exterior Shampoo Wash?

shelshel
03-14-2004, 10:05 AM
I think I have it narrowed down to what I`m going to use on my vehicles once the weather breaks but need some other thoughts. BMW is white in color and Honda is Granite Green Metalic.

1) Wash with Dawn

a) Regular washing with????? Griots, P21S, Meguiar`s Gold Class (not sure, help)

2) Magic Clay Bar

3) Klasse AIO

4) Klasse SGx2

5) P21S, Sonic or Griots Wheel Cleaner????? Recomendations? Follow up with Klasse AIO & SG on rims.

6) Tire shine...I`d like something that looks great and lasts.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

andriver
03-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Skip the dawn wash. AIO will remove any wax or sealant. As far as carwash, Griots, P21S and Megs are fine products. Griots wheel cleaner is an excellant product. On your tire product, I like using 1Z. It gives a very flat matte finish. Good luck.

Accumulator
03-14-2004, 11:57 AM
shelshel- Welcome to Autopia!

1) What andriver said :xyxthumbs Skip the Dawn wash.

a) I like Griot`s *MUCH* better than GC, no comparison. And it`s cheaper than P21s.

2) :xyxthumbs

a) You *MIGHT* need a polish at this point, like 3M PI-IIi MG (pn 05937).

3) & 4) :xyxthumbs but maybe consider THREE coats of SG.

5) Any of these will be fine, I use Griot`s.

6) *I* like Zaino Z-16.

NEW AGAIN
03-14-2004, 12:12 PM
I agree with ANDRIVER about the dawn for handwash. There`s alot of talk about carsoap I know this will cause an argument. But for years I have used Kit carwash and ladies and gentlemen this product works great lots of lubricant so the dirt rolls off and the suds is also good.

Wheels: I use dawn to clean my wheels

Good degreaser for tires

Tires: Turtle Wax Tire Wax [Looks great , last and DON`T SLING]

Your other procedures sounds right on the money

THATS MY 2 CENTS

Spilchy
03-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by newagain

I agree with ANDRIVER about the dawn for handwash. There`s alot of talk about carsoap I know this will cause an argument. But for years I have used Kit carwash and ladies and gentlemen this product works great lots of lubricant so the dirt rolls off and the suds is also good.

Agreed. Use whatever soap you want. You don`t need help in deciding because it is so subjective. Stick with quality like the Mothers, Gold Class, Eagle One - whichever you want to try. Heck, try Griots or P21s. I prefer to stay away from the Armor All, Blue Coral, Turlte Wax - the cheaper ones simply because they are so thin and watery unlike the others mentioned.

I have settled on Sonax and Meguiars #62.

Horseman2475
03-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Try 1Z Perls Shampoo. It will amaze you.