PDA

View Full Version : How did I miss Wolfgang?

Pages : [1] 2

tguil
03-12-2004, 08:46 PM
What`s all this about Wolfgang? Who is the vendor? Heck, I haven`t even had time to try my NXT and I still have enough BLACKFIRE for at least two years. :D

Tom :cool:

Dinzdale40
03-12-2004, 08:46 PM
hehe....Autopia fads are moving fast....

imported_Aurora40
03-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Hey Tom, I hear you on the Blackfire. I think I have enough to do 20 applications a year for 20 years, and I only have one bottle. It is still full enough it could pass for new!

From the reviews and such, the Wolfgang sounds like a Blackfire that is less fussy to apply. It is quite a bit thinner than the Blackfire I have (not that that means anything, just saying for comparo sake), and I am very eager to try it. My hope is it will be like a new, improved Blackfire, but maybe it won`t be and back to Blackfire I`ll go. If it can just bead, shine, look wet, and last like my Blackfire, it`ll be a winner for sure (at least with me).

Oh, autogeek is the vendor. I`m not sure if they are the only one, though.

6cyl's_of_fury
03-12-2004, 08:55 PM
I saw the offer but didnt like my chances of them shipping a freebie to Australia!

Much like NXT ( still awaiting its arrival ), I`ll wait until the smoke settles and its available until I try it......curse you Autopia, I am starting to collect too many sealants!!

imported_eggroll
03-12-2004, 09:02 PM
premiumautocare is another vendor

former86camaro
03-12-2004, 09:09 PM
I would not say it is a fad.. It is a new product that the vendor made easy to get got under 10 bucks. Normally it would be like 65 bucks.

killrwheels
03-12-2004, 09:24 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/wococarca.html

imported_NHBFAN
03-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Yeah, this stuff kinda snuck up on us ... didn`t it?

I really enjoyed the drama of the debut of NXT though.

Guess the samples for $10 are history now, huh?

ZaneO
03-14-2004, 12:43 AM
IMHO NXT is more of a fad than Wolfgang will be.

GoodnClean
03-14-2004, 02:54 AM
Agreed, NXT will be the brief stint with a consumer product. Sort of like the cheap affair with the weird girl from accounting because it was dirty and forbidden. No consumer grade sealant is going to stay the baby of Autopia ;)

Has anyone who has sampled Wolfgang also tried Poorboys EX? I`ve seen the comparisons made to NXT but not EX. I like NXT but the look doesn`t seem to last that long and I`m still having smearing issues.

TortoiseAWD
03-14-2004, 06:42 AM
GoodnClean,

I`ve used both. Both have excellent initial appearance and slickness. I can`t speak for WG`s durability (used it for the first time yesterday on a silver Dodge Caravan), but in my experience, EX isn`t a heavy-hitter in that department. However, EX is extremely easy to use, and IMO a great "fair-weather wax" that is well-suited to those who wax frequently.

Jury`s out on WG, but my initial impression is :up. Ease-of-use was close to EX . . . it takes a bit longer to dry completely, but I found it to spread quite a bit easier than EX; I used very little WG to do the minivan (probably less than 1/2 oz.) Removal for both is very easy . . . neither requires buffing, just a quick wipe and residue is gone.

I may try to use WG on my WRX today, which happens to currently have EX on it. I`ll try to compare the different looks of the two products and get back to this thread.

Tort

imported_jgv
03-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Are you using the EX or the new EX-P?

GoodnClean
03-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Too bad I missed the samples, but I`ll give it a try anyway!

Thats what I really miss with NXT from EX, NXT just doesn`t wipe right off it requires buffing. I also have issues with QDs smearing over the surface with NXT that I`ve never had before. It almost seems like the NXT surface stays somewhat soft and never really fully cures like other sealants do as you can move the smearing around.

imported_NHBFAN
03-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by GoodnClean

I also have issues with QDs smearing over the surface with NXT that I`ve never had before.

GoodnClean

Now that you mention it I had the same problem with FD. I didn`t even realize the connection to NXT until I read your post.

TortoiseAWD
03-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by jgv

Are you using the EX or the new EX-P? jgv,

I`m still using the EX hybrid; haven`t had a chance to try EX-P yet.

Tort