PDA

View Full Version : So much new stuff to try!! Woo hoo!

imported_Aurora40
03-12-2004, 08:36 PM
I have all this stuff to try out now... Well, I`ve used QEW many times, and two of those bottles are for my Mom. But the rest is all new to me.

I hit the wipers up last night with the 303 Wiper Blade stuff. It seems to leave a sort of coating on them, not unlike and Endurance/#38 kind of thing. But I haven`t seen it in action yet. I managed to do 6 wipers with one sponge easy. As long as you keep your wipers clean, you could do a bunch of wipers with one applicator.

I have used the 303 Shower Shield once now. It does seem to keep the shower clean, though it doesn`t induce a lot of beading. In fairness I was so eager to try it, I didn`t get the shower overly clean (I couldn`t find where my wife put the cleaning stuff, so I had to use APC+ and some terry towels). But after a week the shower still looks as clean as it did. No spotting on the glass or anything (though I do squeegy the shower).

I tried the Protect-All Shine Plus out on part of the counter. It really makes it feel smooth. I think it will make it much easier to keep clean. Stuff can just be wiped off.

The rest I still haven`t used. I really want to try the Wolfgang, but my car is just soo good looking still, the Nissan just got some #26 about 3 weeks ago, and the Regal just got NXT`d last week. Maybe I`ll QEW the Nissan and then Wolfgang it. I`ll try the 303 protectant probably on the Aurora, and I still need to #38 all the exterior rubber and plastic like under the front windshield.

I`m not sure what I`ll try the Protect-All on. It says it has carnauba wax and can be used on basically anything. They are free-sample sponges with the product in them.

Anyway, I`m certainly excited, and I`m certainly running out of space for detailing supplies. I have way too much stuff to ever use up...

Mmmph
03-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Same here...in the last 2 weeks:

Autopia:

3 Orange Pads

Autoglym Glass Polish & Cleaner

24 Khaki Microfiber Buffing Towels

AutoGeek:

Black Again

New Again

Wolfgang Sample Kit

Protect All:

4 bottles QEW

The Driver`s Seat:

303 Wiper Treatment

Stoner Tarminator

Stoner Trim Shine

Stoner Xenit

Klasse SG,

Klasse Vinyl, Leather, Rubber and Plastic Cleaner Protectant

Wolfgang Leather Conditioner

For Christmas, my brother bought some Gliptone stuff.

I haven`t even really looked at it yet:

Gliptone True Blue Professional Tire Shine

Gliptone Total Tire & Rim Cleaner

Gliptone Teflon Paste Wax

I need more shelf space.

andriver
03-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Does anyone have experience using 303 wiper treatment? I have used RainX in the past and was not very impressed.

imported_ajbarnes
03-12-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by andriver

I have used RainX in the past and was not very impressed.

You and me both.:down

imported_Aurora40
03-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by andriver

Does anyone have experience using 303 wiper treatment? I have used RainX in the past and was not very impressed.

Some Rain-X wiper treatment? Or you just mean Rain-X? I think the 303 is more to prolong the life of your wiper blades, to keep them from chattering, and to keep ice from sticking to them. Whereas Rain-X is to coat your windshield so you don`t need your wipers as much.

I don`t think Rain-X is all that great, but after I started using Jngr`s application methods (apply it before washing the car, basically), I don`t have any hazing from it and it beads water off better than if I do nothing.

Scottwax
03-13-2004, 12:14 AM
In the last 6-8 weeks, I have tried the following:

NXT Tech Wax

NXT Wash

Meguiars #38 Tire and trim gel

Meguiars Citri-Gel

Meguiars #16 Pro Paste Wax (seems different than when I first tried it in the late 80s)

Meguiars Scratch X

Patrick`s MFs

Poorboy`s MFs

Viking`s MFs

Pakshak`s MFs

Poorboy`s EX-P beta version

Poorboy`s EX-P production version (they are not the same exact products).

1Z Paint Polish

1Z Metallic Polish

1Z Glanz Wax

Grojet2000 (an AIO like product)

Menzerna FP (white final glaze not available in the US)

3M`s Perfect-it III (again, a European version)

Wolfgang Pre-cleaner

Wolfgang Sealant

Wolfgang QD

Wolfgang Car Wash Soap

If you go back another month or so, you can also add the Klasse Twins and UPP.

I have to log the combos I use on every car now to keep the straight!