PDA

View Full Version : what makes you enjoy detailing

Pages : [1] 2 3

III
03-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Just wanted to ask what makes you enjoy detailing and keeping your vehicle/s up? I cannot really answer this myself, but there`s just something about a clean/glossy vehicle. I mean it kind of makes me feel good especially in the winter when all you see is vehicle after vehicle with salt, and then comes mine driving down the road clean as a whistle. Ah... I mean it`s like a natural high!

tpgsr
03-12-2004, 08:35 PM
for me it is the money.

I just love spending thousands on equiptment and products ;)

No, i agree with your post, it is a pride issue maybe. Having one of the cleanest vehicles in the city is a nice feeling.

DantePasquale
03-12-2004, 08:59 PM
I think mine love of detailing comes from my stepdad. he was not much of a father, but he always kept his cars clean. I guess it rubbed off on me....

imported_eggroll
03-12-2004, 09:06 PM
I detail because it`s like therapy for me. You can tell when I`m stressed out because my car will be super clean and shiny. I don`t think of much else except the process, and trying to make it look right. Some people clean...I detail :rolleyes:

imported_eggroll
03-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Plus I love a shiny car. After I`m done I just love stepping back and just staring at my car...

6cyl's_of_fury
03-12-2004, 09:14 PM
The sense of accomplishment / fulfillment when I step back and admire my hard work. And I love people looking at my car and wondering why is it always so clean! A definite pride thing.

Plus the ladies appreciate a clean car ;)

niteriyder
03-12-2004, 09:20 PM
plus when my car is super clean..it drives better. lol

hawkfish
03-12-2004, 09:54 PM
When I was younger, I used to detail my cars for the looks that I would get from people as I drove past or was stopped at a red light. Now I detail my cars for my own enjoyment. After I spend hours and hours on my TA and then I pull it out of the garage, I know that I have accomplished something and that I am truly taking care of my car. I also plan on entering it in some car shows and I want it to be as perfect as I can make it.

I also detail my cars to protect them. I had a Cutlass that I bought in 93 that looked better when I traded it in 2001 than when I bought it. I brought it to the dealer on a Friday night and it was sold Saturday morning. I had a crowd of salemen and service people standing around it asking why I was trading it in.

It`s also fun for me to detail cars. I get to go into my own little world for that time and all my stress goes away.

Raven
03-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Detailing (or at least attemping to) elaxes me, sort of like therpy (god lnow I need it). This is the main reason but after that I have to admit that I love having people looking at my ride as I wait for a traffic light or having others ask me where I had it "cleaned up" I guess pride (as stated by 6cyl`s_of_fury) has a lot to do with it.

imported_NHBFAN
03-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Same as above ... plus it`s good exercise too!

Better than sitting on the sofa in front of the TV.

andriver
03-12-2004, 10:23 PM
For me it is therapy. It help me empty my mind and do something with my hands. Not to mention I have always liked having a clean car.

imported_Unreal
03-12-2004, 10:32 PM
A way to escape the real world for a few hours on the weekends

Murph1083
03-12-2004, 11:36 PM
bunch of reasons....gives me a sence of pride. It takes away all worries....helps with stress and is a way to kill some time

DBC
03-12-2004, 11:47 PM
what everyone said before me.but more so for myself, i love looking at ppls faces on the road as they admire my car seeing how clean it is and the way how some of my friends come up to me asking for advice on car care.also i jus like doing it!:bounce

robert

! apmljv
03-13-2004, 12:04 AM
I got into car detailing because my new car got dirty too quick, and no matter how much I wash it`s still dirty. But now, I`m addicted to detailing because I love it when the car I drive is shiny. Besides that, shiny cars gets more attentions :)