PDA

View Full Version : California water blade

Pages : [1] 2

metload1
03-11-2004, 10:54 PM
hey anyone know where I can get a CWB for a little cheaper???

former86camaro
03-11-2004, 10:57 PM
I have heard you should avoid it.. The sound it makes alone as you drag it accrss the paint would stop me fomr buying it. Search and you will see most dislike it.

6cyl's_of_fury
03-11-2004, 11:02 PM
The CWB is a product you will either hate or love...there is no middle ground really.

You can buy one at the autopia shop for about $8. I have one and use it with great success, but whether or not it is for you is up to you to decide..

jimmybuffit
03-12-2004, 04:52 AM
I use it evertyday!

Sam`s Club: about $8.50.

Walmart: $19.95.

Go figure!

Jim

phoenix808
03-12-2004, 07:45 AM
Target has them for fairly cheap too. Maybe 10-12.

Glossequation
03-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Great product I use it all the time. :up

IntrstlarOvrdrv
03-12-2004, 07:14 PM
I have thought about this, my neighbor has one and uses it with great sucess. However, I have always been afraid, any grit or anything on your paint will be drug along your paints surface:( I guess thats the same with anything, but this just makes me a little more nervous:confused: :nixweiss

imported_Terry
03-12-2004, 08:20 PM
I think it`s great also.....Just make sure your car is washed properly.....

tom p.
03-12-2004, 08:43 PM
You can buy the product at Target for about $10.

(there was a passionate debate of this product within the past 10 days, IIRC. You either luv it or you hate it - - - there`s no middle ground)

Lone Wolf
03-12-2004, 10:12 PM
I just got one and it works pretty good..Excellent on windows

andriver
03-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Works for me. If you are scratching your surface with the CWB, you have not thoroughly washed or rinsed your car. Also make sure that you rinse your blade prior to use.

shaf
03-13-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Clean 2K

I have heard you should avoid it.. The sound it makes alone as you drag it accrss the paint would stop me fomr buying it. Search and you will see most dislike it. Search and you will see most people are afraid of it but not as many have actually used it and disliked it.

A few older, very experienced members used the CWB the last time I checked, which was a factor in my decision to use it as well. As long as you are careful and methodical about using it, it is relatively safe to use IMHO.

percynjpn
03-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Clean 2K

I have heard you should avoid it.. The sound it makes alone as you drag it accrss the paint would stop me fomr buying it. Search and you will see most dislike it.

I recommend that you make your decision on your experience or what you observe, not what you`ve "heard". Also, I think it would be better to decide based on "the result it produces", rather than "the sound it makes". Although many may dislike it, many find it to be a useful tool (like me); I wonder if "most dislike it", or actually "most like it"; maybe a good opportunity for a poll! According to the posts I`ve seen, the statement that "most dislike it" is not accurate.

Deanski
03-13-2004, 08:45 AM
OK, yea it`s sounds horrible... so what?

As long as you keep the blade clean throughout drying, you will NOT run into any problems.

I always have fresh water running to rinse the blade on several passes. Once "bladed" I follow with a WW towel.

Have not damaged my finish yet!

If your so scared, just use a WW towel.

CWB works for me!

Regards,

Deanski

Blk_Mach
03-13-2004, 08:48 AM
i used it on my roof on my red gt worked great...i`m scared to try it on my black stang..like above post make sure its perfectly clean