PDA

View Full Version : Zaino vs. NXT

LouisanaJeeper
03-11-2004, 10:48 PM
I have included a couple categories and rated each product on a scale from 1-10, 10 being the best. Both were applied on a properly prepared surface. NXT= Meg`s NXT Tech Wax, 2 coats, no topper...Zaino=Z2 w/zfx, 3 coats, no topper

Shine/Light reflection

Zaino-10 It reflects and shines like a mirror in the sun. It has very clear reflections

NXT- 7 Seems to sort of diffuse the light reflecting off of it, not as intense as Zaino

Swirl Filling/ Hiding

Zaino-1 Very poor job of hiding even the smallest swirl. Z5 hides some micro marring, but not too much

NXT- 9 Very good job of hiding the swirls, this may have something to do with how it "diffuses" the light reflecting off it, but I don`t know

Ease of Use

Zaino- 5 Easy to apply the actual coat of wax, but the curing time/ZFX mixing, etc. proves too much for most people...especially if you want to just touch up a small section.

NXT- 10 Easy to apply and remove, no curing time, no mixing, a one step process. Much easier than Zaino

Durability

Zaino-10 Most durable, longest lasting, slickest product I have used. It remains very slick after repeated washings and environmental abuse

NXT-5 I have only used this product for about 1 month, and it is already starting to lose slickness. It seems to get progressively worse after each washing.

Added Depth

Zaino-3 Z adds very little depth to the paint. It is just like putting another layer of clearcoat or plastic on your car. Some describe the look as "plasticy"

NXT-7 This product seems to darken the paint a bit. Sort of like spraying a fresh coat of darker tinted semi-transparent clearcoat on. Not as "plasticy" as Zaino, but still looks a little synthetic to me.

Metallic Paint

Zaino-10 The optically perfect nature of Zaino, allows the metal flake to really shine through

NXT-6 The NXT seems to actually "hide" the metallic paint, making it more monotone. I think this may have something to do with the reflective properties described above.

Availability

Zaino- 7 Mail-order only, but most distributors are very good.

NXT- 10 Most Walmart`s and auto parts stores stock this, which makes it very convenient

Product Support

Zaino- 10 Zaino`s customer support is great, and always very personal

NXT- 7 Decent, but seems hard to get specific, product related questions answered, like exactly what type of cleaners it does or does not have, etc.. This is probably due to Meg`s much larger sized int`l company, but that`s how it goes I guess.

former86camaro
03-11-2004, 10:53 PM
I would take Zaino over NXT any day... I am not ordinary though ;)

Jesstzn
03-11-2004, 11:12 PM
I just think the comparrison is apples and oranges. One is a pure sealant .. the other has cleaning / filling capabilities.

chrisd
03-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

It is just like putting another layer of clearcoat on your car.

That was my exact thought on how Zaino looked the first time I used it!

disasnguy
03-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Good review/comparisons!