PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars show glaze

metload1
03-11-2004, 07:54 PM
hey anyone got any comments on Meguiars show glaze?

1 Clean WS6
03-11-2004, 08:19 PM
If you mean #7 it`s a great product. Best suited for single stage paints but it will work on basecoat/clearcoat paints. It can be a bear to remove as it never really dries and has a tendancy to streak.

If you have a bc/cc paint I would suggest using Meg`s #81 Hand Polish instead of the #7. It is much easier to remove and gives a better gloss than the #7 IMHO.

imported_mirrorfinishman
03-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 1 Clean WS6

It can be a bear to remove as it never really dries and has a tendancy to streak.

I noticed the same thing with #7. It can produce great results, however it does have a tendancy to streak like it`s not completely dry. Once you get used to it, it works pretty well. You may just have to find a technique that works best for you. I would also say that it`s very important to make sure the surface is cool and you may even want to try to have a day with low humidity. That`ll probably help the #7 dry a little bit more than on a damp day. Just a few tips.

SK2003TypeS
03-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Great write up on #7 here:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23740

imported_BretFraz
03-13-2004, 04:38 PM
I don`t think #7 will ever dry. It`s too oily. Mike P has described #7 like pudding, where the top sorta hardens but underneath its still fluidy.

I know lots of people like it but I personally don`t think #7 works well with modern paint. I like the suggestion of using #81 instead.

luke667
03-13-2004, 05:39 PM
would you put a glaze, before/after polish/wax?

Spilchy
03-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by luke667

would you put a glaze, before/after polish/wax?

It goes BEFORE the wax. Follow with a wax that doesn`t have cleaners in it.

Spilchy
03-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by bretfraz

I don`t think #7 will ever dry. It`s too oily. Mike P has described #7 like pudding, where the top sorta hardens but underneath its still fluidy.

I know lots of people like it but I personally don`t think #7 works well with modern paint. I like the suggestion of using #81 instead.

Removal of #7 is the only time I use cotton terry towels (Koala brand).

The loops help break up the #7 better. I just go around the car about 2 -3 times just wiping a little at a time breaking up the "pudding" each time allowing it to dry a bit. I follow with a MF for final clean up.

du3ce
03-13-2004, 07:35 PM
yeah i use #7 a couple of times, gives a great shine

chris0626
03-15-2004, 11:17 PM
I`ve used #7 before a Concours, when I didn`t have time to get my Zaino on. Folks said it was the wettest, shiniest look they`d ever seen on the old white car. BTW, that is a clearcoated car too. And for some reason, I never had a problem with removal of #7. Maybe that`s because I used it after a good wash and claying session, so there just weren`t any contaminants? :nixweiss Of course, now that I know #7 is supposed to be a bear to remove, it`ll probably never work right for me again. :lol