PDA

View Full Version : new MF towels, and also washing observations

ThrillBilly
03-11-2004, 03:54 PM
yep, ive read hundreds of posts here about the MFs (just love saying that!)

i am just breaking in a handfull of new towels. some pro, and some cheap. diff rags for diff uses.

2 items of interest-

#1: new large drying MF at walmart. blue 24x40 with 2 distintcly different faces branded MicroTex. it looks and feels REMARKABLY like one of the high quality PRO towels that i purchased (i wont reveal brand). it was $6.50 or so. i washed it before using and tried it today. it dryed a mid-size SUV without any problem, and could have done MUCH more. i used the plusher terry face for initial wipe, and then flipped to the shorter smoother face for final wipe. i was very pleased, and am going back to get a couple more. im sure i would be very pleased with a pro-WW rag, but this thing is pretty damn good!

#2: washing MF. i washed all of my towels before use. i washed most colors seperately in a gentle cycle, using a small amount of liquid det. the thing i noticed is this: i kept a close eye on the rags, and noticed there seemed to be a good amount of suds left during the rinse, so i ran them again without soap, and they seems to rinse pretty well. probably just the initial washing. i will probably use a normal gentle cycle with 2 rinses after use. i also know to add some vinegar during rinse cycle. so the lesson here is this: you may want to watch your MFs once to be SURE they are being throughly rinsed.

i curious if anyone else has used this new WM drying towel, i was very impressed! :xyxthumbs

and especially puzzled by how closely this towel resembles the PRO towel i bought. same 2-faced finish, same feel, same blend, possibly the same stitching. i am very curious about the possibility of it being the same material. :eek:

and PS- i can DEFINATLY tell the diff between the other PRO towels and the other cheap WM towels i have. :nono

imported_Blake
03-11-2004, 04:14 PM
One of the members thought it was identical to one they bought last year from AutoGeek .

stangclassic66
03-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Hey Billy,

I`ve had one for a few weeks and I like it too. Very plush.

Erik

joburnet
03-23-2004, 12:08 AM
Would you use the drying MF towel from Walmart for buffing or do you think it would scratch?