PDA

View Full Version : Topping s100 with NXT?

niteriyder
03-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Okay I ordered a bottle of NXT wax and wil be coming in soon, im just wondering...i have a coat of S100 on my car already, would it be worth it to top it off w/ some NXT???

or should i just wait until the S100 is gone?

also I have 3 cars I`m doing this weekend...

One of the cars

Dark Blue 01` Ford Sport trac ( paint is in bad condition)

E1 Wash

Mthers Pre-Wax cleaner

Mthers Glaze/sealer

Meg NXT wax

..what do you guys think...?

the other two will be

Black 98` GS400, lots of swirls

and a Mazda 626 that i have not seen yet...

imported_BretFraz
03-11-2004, 03:36 PM
I think the PD`s and light abrasives in the NXT will remove most if not all of the S100. You`re better off just stripping off the wax with a strong detergent like Dawn and start from scratch.

Mothers Prewax Cleaner is primarily a chemical cleaner with some light abrasive action. I don`t think it will do the job on neglected paint but it`s worth an experiment. Try it on a small area and judge results. If it works, great. If not, step up to a real polish like Meguiar`s DACP or a fine cut cleaner.

1 Clean WS6
03-11-2004, 05:23 PM
I`d first use Meg`s Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner applied by PC with a Meg`s 8006 polishing pad or it`s equivalent. It is a very strong chemical cleaner but still very safe for all paint types. This stuff will leave your paint literally "squeaky" clean and save you the Dawn wash (I`m not a fan of that whole process). Apply the NXT...let it set for 12 hours then apply the S100. I think that might be a killer combo.:D

For the sport trac I agree with bretfraz...use #83 DACP or #82 Swirl Free Polish as I don`t think a chemical cleaner like the Mother`s product with do much for swirls/cob web effect.

Scottwax
03-11-2004, 08:29 PM
I would also go with DACP or SFP. They are the two products I can`t live without. I can mix and match glazes, waxes and sealants all day, but they won`t do their job without proper paint prep and that is where DACP and SFP fit in.

I would consider topping NXT with Meguiars #16 Pro Paste Wax. It is a great combo.