PDA

View Full Version : diff. kind of sandwiching - Meg. No. 3 w/ PC on top of Zaino ?

s2skimon
03-10-2004, 11:28 PM
I`m thinking of trying this and wanted to know if anyone else tried this with successful results ?

PC work -3M SMR, &/or FCC..(only if needed. )

Zaino - z2.. a couple of coats

PC apply Meguiar`s No. 3 machine Polish

PC finish off by "heating up" the entire job with my MF towel bonnet.

I know many friends of mine have started to sandwich s100 or other carnuba`s onto of Zaino`s z2. I`m a PC fanatic and wanted to take this sandwiching a step further. After my zaino stage, I was thinking of using my PC w/ Megiuar`s No. 3 Machine Polish on top of my zaino ? Then crack out my MF bonnet and "heat it up" for greater "bling bling" ?

Supposedly Meg`s No. 3 is specifically made for PC`s so I`m curious to see if it makes the finish even "wetter" looking.

Has anyone else tried this ?

Your input is greatly appreciated

Thanks for your time

LouisanaJeeper
03-10-2004, 11:35 PM
The only thing you are going to accomplish with the machine polish is taking OFF the zaino underneath.

edit: it might take off the Zaino, the #3 is supposedly non abrasive, but it might have solvents that will harm the zaino (plus it is pretty oily and will attract dust). I would stick with something safer like S100 or a pure carnuaba wax.

s2skimon
03-10-2004, 11:37 PM
AHhh.. I seee..

so then let`s remove the meguiar`s PC no. 3 stage

and keep the MF Towel bonnet which would simply be heating up the Z2. Think that`ll improve it ?

LouisanaJeeper
03-10-2004, 11:42 PM
No, you`ll probably just make swirls. The zaino cures chemically, no external heat is necessary or recommended. after the recommended 24hrs, it is fully cured and ready to go.

s2skimon
03-10-2004, 11:42 PM
okay then. I`ll keep my PC for the big jobs :D

thanks