PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the PC 7424 & other detailing tips?

OwDquattroT
03-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Newbie to board....Just bought a Porter Cable 7424 yesterday, along with the Menzerna Intensive & Final Polishes. Mind you I`ve never used a buffing machine before....what settings do would you suggest I use on the PC. In addition how lubricated should the pad be before I begin buffing the car? Not sure if I should soak the pad with Menzerna before applying to the paint.

Lastly I`ve been using Zaino for the past 2 yrs...can I begin applying Zaino after the Final Polish or should the car be Dawned again prior to doing so.

Thanks for your help!

OwDquattroT
03-10-2004, 08:18 PM
why did this thread get moved?

Frank F.
03-10-2004, 09:27 PM
You will find excellent directions on using Menzerna polishes on the website: www.properautocare.com. Remember, above all, a little of these products goes a long way.

JustinR32
03-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Your first 30 questions go in A.U., which is where the people who like to help out by answering them hang out.

Use 4 to 4.5 on the PC, with a medium polishing pad.

The Menzerna polish will seem to take forever to "flash", and then it goes dry almost all at once. When it goes dry, wipe the residue off immediately with a mf towel, before it becomes Cementzerna. If it does harden, a spritz with 50/50 water & isopropyl will remove it.

They are by far my favorite polishes.

Tom

OwDquattroT
03-10-2004, 10:24 PM
thanks for the info guys...:D