PDA

View Full Version : Wash.....

HEK
03-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Do you guys wash the car your going to be working( detailing) the same day or wait for the water to evaporate..( of course after drying ..)

I allways come accross an area that has pockets of water while I`m starting to apply the wax...any suggestions??..someone told me to get a leaf blower...??...:confused:

jinxxycat
03-10-2004, 12:36 PM
I`ve heard leaf blowers/air compressors work. I would be hesitant about blowing dirt back on the car. I have used a wet/dry vac to suck the water out of those pesky spots, wrapping an mf towel over the nozzle to avoid scratches. Not sure this is the best solution, but it works for me!

tom p.
03-10-2004, 12:40 PM
I prefer to wash the night before and go to work on the car first thing in the morning. The car is parked indoors, overnight, of course.

SK2003TypeS
03-10-2004, 01:57 PM
I usually end up washing and doing everything in the same day. I run into the same problems after the car has been "dried". I get the drips and drops between panels, mirrors, door handles, etc. So I eyeball the section I`m about to do and have a few MFs close by.

If you can wash the night before, like Tom said, that`s ideal.

andriver
03-10-2004, 02:22 PM
I wash my car in my driveway which has a slight incline. I back up the car and then move the car foward a couple of times.

Dinzdale40
03-10-2004, 03:08 PM
a couple extra slams of the doors and a little patience with a WW drying towel to let it suck water out of the tight spots and I usually don`t have any probs on my car....on cars i haven`t done before i usually still get water drips cause it hides in places i don`t know about....

randy98mtu
03-10-2004, 03:16 PM
I also blow into cracks I know to be problem areas (under my mirrors, under my headlights and taillights, seams between quarters/fendrs and bumpers...) I feel like a real idiot at the car wash, but I get less drips on the drive home (when I use the coin wash)

imported_pugoman
03-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Dinzdale40

a couple extra slams of the doors and a little patience with a WW drying towel to let it suck water out of the tight spots and I usually don`t have any probs on my car....on cars i haven`t done before i usually still get water drips cause it hides in places i don`t know about.... I also use the WW to suck out water from spots that I know collect water. Easy on your own car, `cos you get to know all the little water hiding places. Not so easy on a car that you`re unfamiliar with.

Accumulator
03-10-2004, 08:43 PM
I blow the water out of those spots with (double filtered) compressed air. Rubber tip on the air nozzle to avoid damage.

shaf
03-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by pugoman

I also use the WW to suck out water from spots that I know collect water. Easy on your own car, `cos you get to know all the little water hiding places. Not so easy on a car that you`re unfamiliar with. That`s what I usually end up doing.

I`ve come to learn where water drips out of and just take the towel or edge of the towel and "wick" the water out of the crack or joint or where ever the water hides.

Works well in combination with door slamming and some of the other tips.

Jesstzn
03-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

I blow the water out of those spots with (double filtered) compressed air. Rubber tip on the air nozzle to avoid damage.

I do that too .. but not double filtered ...rubber tip too

former86camaro
03-11-2004, 10:59 PM
I use a leaf blower on my SUV... Then dry it.. It works great on glass and in the cracks and roof..